Akash Madhwal is an Indian cricketer who is known for being a part of the Cricket Association of Uttarakhand. He made his IPL debut in 2023 as a part of the Mumbai Indians team.
Akash Madhwal was born on Thursday, 25 November 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Dungra Village, Almora District, Uttarakhand. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. His hometown is Dhandera, Roorkee, Uttarakhand. He setteled with his family in Roorkee because his father was an army officer and worked there for 30 years. He did his schooling at Roorkee Public Senior Secondary School, Uttarakhand. He pursued B. Tech in Civil Engineering in 2016 at College of Engineering (COER), Roorkee. The Times of India As a kid, he used to play cricket with his brother with a plastic bat and ball that their father bought them. According to his mother, he was good at studies, but was always passionate about cricket.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Akash’s father’s name is Ghana Nand, who worked in MES wing of Army in Roorkee. His father died in 2010 at the age of 57. His mother’s name is Asha.
He has an elder brother whose name is Ashish.
He has not yet made his international debut.
He made his domestic debut in 2019. On 8 Novemeber 2019, he made his T20 match debut against Karnataka at Visakhapatnam in the 2019–20 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.He made his FC match on 25 December 2019 against Odisha at Cuttack in the 2019–20 Ranji Trophy. In 2022, his Uttrakhand team won the Ranji Trophy against Rajasthan.
On 21 February 2021, he made his List A match debut against Meghalaya at Chennai in the 2020–21 Vijay Hazare Trophy. In 2022, he was pasrt of Reliance 1 cricket team in the 17th DY Patil T20 Cup and won the tournament.
In 2022, Mumbai Indians bought Akash as a replacement player for Suryakumar Yadav who suffered an injury in his forearm. He was bought for Rs. 20 Lakhs but was not part of the playing squad in that season. He made his IPL debut in 2023 after replacing Riley Meredith who was unable to play due to an injury. On 4 May 2023, in an IPL match between Mumbai Indians and Punjab Kings, he gave 12 runs in the 18th and 9 runs in the 20th over.
Om sign inked on his right hand.
- His jeresy number in IPL is #25 (IPL).
- His batting style is Right hand Bat and bowling style is Right arm Medium fast.
- He was part of his hometown team the Dhandera XI cricket team.
- Reportedly, till 2023, he has played 10 first-class matches bagging 12 wickets, 17 list-A matches picking up 18 wickets and 22 T20 matches grabbing 24 wickets.
- He also used to play cricket for the Veer Shourya Cricket Academy, Roorkee. He was honoured by the academy after he was selected for the IPL season 2022.
- In an interview, he said that when he got selected for the playing squad in IPL, his first called his mother and told her about it. She was very happy to listen to it and encouraged him to work hard.
- Before making his debut in IPL in 2023, he was a practice bowler for MI. According to him, he was performing very well and was working hard which led to his selection in the playing squad for the team. When he was a practice player, Rohit Sharma and Zaheer Khan guided him a lot.
|↑1||The Times of India|