Sneh Rana is an Indian cricketer who is known for being the first Indian woman to make a half-century and take four-wicket on her test debut.
Sneh Rana was born on Friday, 18 February 1994 (age 28 years; as of 2022) in Sinola, Dehradun. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She attended Doon Valley Public School, Dehradun. She pursued her graduation at BBK DAV College for Women, Amritsar.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 36-34-36
Sneh Rana belongs to a Rajput family.
Parents & Siblings
Sneh’s father’s name was Late. Bhagwan Singh Rana, who was a farmer. Her father died in 2021 before Sneh made her debut as an international cricketer. In an interview, she talked about her father and said,
I lost my father two months back. It was a difficult and an emotional moment for me because he wanted to see me play for India. But unfortunately, he couldn’t. Whatever I will do now, I will dedicate everything to him.”
Her mother’s name is Vimla Rana. She has an elder sister, Ruchi Rana. In an interview, Sneh said that her family has supported her in the journey to becoming a cricketer.
Sneh made her ODI debut on 19 January 2014 against Sri Lanka in Visakhapatnam. She made her test debut on 16 June 2021 against England in Bristol, where she bagged 80 runs on 154 balls. She made her T20 debut on 26 January 2014 against Sri Lanka in Vizianagaram.
- Cricketer: Sachin Tendulkar
- Junk food: Momos
- Actor: Ranbir Kapoor
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Film: M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016)
- Song: Sukoon Mila (2014)
- Holiday destination: Dehradun
- She is fondly called by the name Charu by her friends and relatives.
- She is a right-hand batsman and right arm off-break bowler. Her jersey number is # 2 (India). She played cricket for the Punjab women’s team and railways women’s team.
- She has been trained by Narinder Shah and his wife Kiran Shah.
- Her hobbies include travelling and painting.
- She has a tattoo inked on her left hand.
- When she was a kid, she used to play badminton, but later, her interest changed to cricket. In an interview, her sister, Ruchi said that Sneh used to play cricket with boys and behave like a tomboy when she was young. When her father saw her playing cricket with boys, he got her enrolled in Little Master’s Academy, Dehradun.
- When Sneh used to practise cricket on the ground, she used to carry English and Maths books with her and teach other girls on the ground.
- Sneh used to play cricket in Uttrakhand when she was young, but there were no cricket associations in Uttrakhand, so she went to play in Haryana. She played U-19 in Haryana, and later she became part of the Punjab cricket team.
- She played her first tournament in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, where she received the Women of the series award in the tournament.
- In an interview, her coach said that when Sneh joined the academy, she was very shy to play in front of her coaches.
- In 2016, she got a knee injury, and became unfit to play international matches for five years. While she was undergoing treatment, she use to play domestic matches. She underwent treatment under the U Mumba Kabaddi team physio. She started playing cricket after two years of injury. In an interview, she talked about her comeback and said,
I had a tough time dealing with the injury. But I was hopeful and kept working hard and aiming for a comeback. A lot of people my age think they won’t be able to make a comeback, or that staging a comeback at the highest level gets tougher by the day. So, I hope, I have been able to inspire someone today with this. I do not think one should ever give up.”
- Sneh bagged eighteen wickets in Women’s Senior One Day Trophy 2020-21 when she used to play for Railways.
- In 2021, she was selected for the women’s squad for her international test debut, in an interview, she talked about this and said,
An emotional moment for me, being picked for the national team after 5 years, I’m very happy. I have never played here before, this knock will give me plenty of confidence going into the white-ball games.”
- In 2021, the coach of the Indian Women’s team, Ramesh Powar, talked about Sneh in an interview and said,
Sneh Rana is the find of this series. The way she was bowling in the practice sessions in Southampton [India’s base prior to the start of the tour], we thought we should give her a chance. It was a difficult decision to play two offspinners [Deepti Sharma is the other], but she has played her role to the core. I am really happy for her. Being an offspinner myself, I can see the talent. She is someone who can play in crunch situations, and that is what we need right now. When the big tournaments and the big series come up, we need players of calibre, who can take pressure.”
- On 3 April 2022, she met the chief minister of Uttrakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami at his residence and received a lot of appreciation from him.
- In an interview, Sneh talked about Jhulan Goswami and said,
See, she has reached a certain level and she knows very well how to manage her workload. I think we do not need to tell her, she is a legend. The management and medical team have conversations and then they take care of it.”
- In 2022, she attended ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ as a guest along with other cricketers including Jhulan Goswami and Harmanpreet Kaur.
- In an interview, Sneh revealed that her father borrowed money from someone when she was young and had to play in a tournament.
- In an interview, she said that all the awards received by her are decorated at her home.
- She often posts pictures of the sketches and paintings made by her on social media.
- She often advertises various products on social media.
- She hits the gym regularly and often posts pictures of her workout on social media.
- She is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.