Kuldeep Sen is an Indian cricketer, who is known for making his IPL debut as a part of the Rajasthan Royals in 2022.
Kuldeep Rampal Sen was born on Tuesday, 22 October 1996 (age 26 years; as of 2022) in Rewa, Madhya Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Libra. He attended the Awadhesh Pratap Singh University, Madhya Pradesh.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Kuldeep’s father’s name is Ram Pal Sen, who works as a barber. His mother’s name is Geeta Sen, who is a homemaker.
He has four siblings. One of her brother’s name is Rajdeep Sen, who works as a policeman, and the name of her other brother is Jagdeep Sen, who runs a coaching centre.
Kuldeep is unmarried.
Kuldeep started playing cricket at the age of thirteen. His domestic team is Madhya Pradesh. He is a right-hand batsman and right-arm fast bowler. He was coached by Aril Anthony. In November 2018, he made his first-class debut with the Ranji trophy in which he represented Madhya Pradesh in a test match against Tamil Nadu in Dindigul. In the championship, he became the man of the match in the Elite B Round Three match against Punjab after he bagged a total of seven wickets, with two in the second dig.
On 24 February 2019, he made his T20 debut with Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in which he represented Madhya Pradesh in a match against Mumbai in Indore.
On 25 September 2019, he made his List A debut for Madhya Pradesh in a 50-over match against Tripura in the 2019–20 Vijay Hazare Trophy. In February 2022, he got a chance to play the IPL after he was bought by the Rajasthan Royals for Rs. 20 Lakh in the auction.
In 2022, he was selected in the Indian squad for the Asia Cup 2022 replacing Deepak Chahar.
- He is called by the name Champion by his teammates. Rajasthan Royals
- He owns a Baleno.
- When he was sixteen years old, he joined the Vindhya Cricket Academy where he used to train with his senior India pacer Ishwar Pandey. Ishwar realized that Kuldeep was very talented and supported him a lot throughout his journey. In an interview, Kuldeep said that Ishwar bought him a new pair of spikes for a match because he could not buy new shoes. Later, his expenses were taken care of by the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Academy.
- Kuldeep’s father works as a barber in his salon in Rewa. His father could only pay for the education of his children, and when he got to know that Kuldeep wanted to become a cricketer, he scolded and beat him. In the interview, his father talked about him and said,
Today I don’t have time to eat. There are many customers. I have been doing this for the last 30 years. I am happy for my son. He has made me proud. I never supported his passion for the game. I scolded and beat him for playing cricket when he was in school, but he never gave up on his dreams.”
- In 2016, while he was playing at the state camp for the U23 team, he got an injury to his back. Despite the injury, he played the match because he knew he would get money if he won the match. After he came back from the camp, he was suggested proper rest and was not allowed to play further matches. In an interview, he said that he got depressed when he go to know that he cannot play. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I had anxiety attacks and sleeplessness. I had to consult a doctor as my heartbeat began to rise. I was prescribed sleeping pills for the next 20 days.”
- In an interview, he said that in February 2022, he was offered a job in Gwalior at the CAG office when he got a call from Rajasthan Royals.
- Kuldeep struggled a lot before his IPL debut in February 2022. His IPL jersey number is 22. In an interview, he said that he never missed his practice sessions even when it was raining. In the interview, he further added,
When it was raining in the morning, I used to go to the stadium while getting wet. I would go to the stadium by bike and come running. My home was away from the city but I still used to go to the gym because I knew that if I struggle today, I will get benefit in future. I used to go to the gym with two clothes while getting wet. I am thankful to the gym guy who didn’t ask me for the fees till today.”
- In an interview, Kuldeep said that his coach Aril Anthony, who runs Rewa Cricket Academy, did not take any fees from him. In an interview, Aril talked about Kuldeep and said,
He used to bowl bouncers, but in the process he used to chuck once or twice in an over. That’s why I never let him go to trial at the district level. One charge would be made and career would be over. It took me 4 years to correct this deficiency.”
- In an interview, he said that his Instagram username, 150Kuldeep depicts that he wanted the speed of delivery of his ball to be 150 mps.
- He is a passionate animal lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.