Anubhav Sinha is an Indian film director, writer, and film producer. His most prominent works include Tum Bin (2001), Dus (2005), Ra.One (2011), and Mulk (2018), and Article 15 (2019).
Anubhav Sinha was born on Tuesday, 22 June 1965 (age 55 years; as of 2020) in Allahabad (now Prayagraj), Uttar Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Cancer. His full name is Anubhav Sushila Sinha. AmarUjala He did his schooling from Kalagarh in Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, and Government Inter college school, Allahabad. Wikipedia He then graduated in mechanical engineering from Aligarh Muslim University in 1988. Sinha subsequently worked in Delhi for a period of two years, before moving to Mumbai in 1990.
Height (approx.): 5’ 11”
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Family & Caste
Anubhav Sinha belongs to a Hindu family of Kayasth Caste. Rediff
Anubhav Sinha is the son of Prem Govind Sinha (Father) & Sushila Sinha (Mother).
His younger brother Anupam Sinha is an Indian comic book artist and writer.
Wife and Children
He is Married to Ratna Sinha, who is also an Indian film director.
They together have a son, Shlok Sinha
Anubhav Sinha worked with the Indian film director Pankaj Parashar as an assistant director till 1993, before making a directorial debut with the famous Indian television series “Shikast,” which was telecasted on Doordarshan. The show cast a few of the most notable faces in Bollywood, including Manoj Bajpai and legendary Shammi Kapoor, who played the lead role in the series.
After directing “Shikast,” Anubhav directed another tv show “Sea Hawks” for UTV, which aired on Doordarshan in 1997. After directing 76 episodes of “Sea Hawks,” Anubhav Sinha shifted to directing music videos, which he did till 2000. “Deewana” and “Jaan” were two of his extensively liked music videos by the public.
He directed his first Bollywood movie “Tum Bin” (2001), starring Priyanshu Chatterjee, Himanshu Malik, Amrita Prakash, Raqesh Vashisth, and Sandali Sinha. The film is regarded as one of his most successful films so far, as it not only clashed with but also did overpower the movie “Aks” starring Amitabh Bachchan in 2001.
His third project, the multi-starrer film “Dus,” went on to become the eighth highest-grossing film of the year 2005. His other famous works include Tathastu (2006), Cash (2007), Ra. One (2011), and Tum Bin 2 (2016). After “Mulk” (2018); starring Rishi Kapoor and Taapsee Pannu, he climbed onto a new genre of filmmaking, which portrays prevalent social issues in society. He went on to make films having social awakening elements, like “Article 15” (2019) and “Thappad” (2020).
Shortly, after the release of his movie “Dus” in 2007 starring Shilpa Shetty, there were several rumours that Anubhav and Shilpa Shetty were secretly dating each other, and it was believed that it had seriously perturbed his relationship with his wife Ratana Sinha. During that period, Anubhav had reportedly left his family for a short time. Later, both Anubhav and Shilpa Shetty denied the reports of dating each other. Thereafter, both of them weren’t seen together again in any of their future projects. HindustanTimes
Food: Burund Paav, Keema, Chicken Farcha, Cafè Irani, Chole Samose, Benarasi Chaat
Leader: Mahatma Gandhi
- He was born in a middle-class family in Allahabad. Talking about his upbringing in Allahabad and Varanasi, he says,
I’m a small-town guy, my father retired earning a salary of Rs 12,000 in 1991 — I got swayed by the glamour, glitz, paraphernalia of movie-making.”
- He enjoys cooking in his spare time and also considers himself a fine chef.
- Post the release of “Article 15,” Anubhav Sinha told in an interview that he reads an article from the Indian Constitution whenever he gets time. He said,
I always have a PDF tab on my Firefox and whenever I can, I open it and read. I have been doing this for the last 8 months.”
- He made his production debut in 2007 with the film “Cash” (2007), and later, in 2012 started his own production house and went on to produce six more films till 2020.
- Actors Shah Rukh Khan, Naseeruddin Shah, Manoj Pahwa, Manoj Bajpai fall in his favourite actor’s list.
- Ravish Kumar, the Managing Editor of NDTV India, is his favourite journalist and also a close friend.
- Anubhav Sinha has often expressed his disapproval against the Citizenship Amendment Bill in his tweets and Instagram posts and has also been supporting the students standing against it.
Dear Icons! Films. Sports. Arts. Politics. Literature. Etc. We chose what we chose because most of us didn’t want to be Government servants. Guess what…. you all now are GOVERNMENT SERVANTS!!! Bwahahaha
— Anubhav Sinha (@anubhavsinha) December 16, 2019
- While it comes to filmmaking, Anubhav Sinha takes a short span to complete the shooting of his films. He completed Tum Bin in just 27 days, Mulk in 32 days, and Thappad in 31 days.
- In November 2020, he took to Twitter to reveal that his first salary was Rs. 80 that he received at the age of 18 after giving tuition to a class 7 student to earn his smoking when he was an engineering student.
First Salary- Rs 80
Arithmetic tuition to a class 7 student to earn for my smoking in the Engg college. https://t.co/SmxrV3E2Xf
— Anubhav Sinha (@anubhavsinha) November 18, 2020