Daisy Shah is an Indian actress, model, and dancer who primarily works in Kannada and Bollywood films. She is well known for working in films like Jai Ho (2014), Hate Story 3 (2015), and Race 3 (2018).
Daisy Shah was born on Saturday, 25 August 1984 (age 39 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She completed her graduation in Arts from Khalsa College in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Daisy Shah belongs to a Gujarati family.
Parents & Siblings
Daisy’s father was a businessman. He died in 2007 due to a heart attack. Her mother’s name is Pallavi Shah.
She has a sister, Deepali Shah.
It was rumoured that Daisy Shah dated choreographer Ganesh Acharya. Daisy worked as a assistant choreographer in Ganesh’s dance group. It was speculated that Ganesh Acharya gifted her a car and a luxurious flat. However, he denied any relationship with Daisy and revealed in an interview,
It was rumoured that Daisy Shah secretly dated Salman Khan. Salman spotted her first time while she was assisting Ganesh Acharya for the Bollywood film ‘Maine Pyaar Kyu Kiya’ in South Africa. According to reports, Salman gifted Daisy a classy car.
Daisy Shah made her acting debut in 2011 with the Kannada film Bodyguard in which she played the role of Ammu. In the same year, she appeared in the Kannada film Bhadra in which she played the character of Kavya. In 2013, she appeared in the Kannada film Gajendra. Daisy made her Bollywood debut in 2014 with Jai Ho in which she played the role of Rinky Shah alongside Salman Khan.
In the same year, she played the role of Nireeksha in the Kannada horror film Aakramana, which was the first Kannada horror movie to be made in 3D format. In 2015, Daisy appeared in the Bollywood film Hate Story 3 as Kaya Sharma.
In 2018, Daisy played the lead role in the Bollywood film Race 3 as Sanjana Singh. In 2019, Daisy made her Gujarati debut with the film Gujarat 11 in which she played the role of a sub-inspector, Divya Chauhan.
Daisy Shah started her career as a dancer in Ganesh Acharya‘s troupe. She performed as a dancer in his group for around four years, and she later became his assistant choreographer.
Daisy appeared in a few Bollywood songs as a background dancer like ‘Lagan Lagi’ and ‘O Jaana’ from the film Tere Naam, ‘Rockstar’ from the film Humko Deewana Kar Gaye, ‘Thodi Si Pee Lee Hai’ alongside Sanjay Dutt in the film Department, and ‘Neeli Lombdi’ from Khuda Kasam.
In 2022, Daisy Shah appeared in a commercial advertisement for Indira Gas.
Accused of an attempt to murder
Daisy Shah was accused of an attempt to murder by a Bhojpuri actor, Satyendra Singh. He filed a case of attempt to murder against Daisy Shah, Ganesh Acharya, Rajneesh Duggal, and 18 other crew members of the Tamil film, Soda.
Satyendra Singh accused Daisy of replacing him in the film as she wanted to work with a famous star. He claimed that on his way back home, he met with a road accident. According to him, it was not just an accident, it was a planned attempt to murder him. Times Now
Daisy Shah’s photo with Khaled Hosseini’s novel
Daisy Shah shared a picture of her on social media posing with Afghan-American novelist Khaled Hosseini’s novel ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’. She captioned her post “Just smile, because it works.”
The post was criticized by the people because while reading the novel she was seen smiling which was inappropriate since the novel is all about a girl, Mariam, who faced a very tragic childhood and even suffered abuse in her marriage. Later, she removed the post and apologized for the same. The Tribune
In 2015, she won the Highest Grossing Debut Actress award for Jai Ho at ETC Bollywood Business Awards.
- Daisy has a tattoo inked on her right arm, which is written in the Sanskrit language, and signifies ‘My mother and father are my Gods.’
- She has a tattoo inked on her lower back.
Daisy Shah owns a Mercedes GLC 220 car.
- Food: Sushi, Vada Pav
- Co-Actor: Salman Khan
- Actress(es): Madhubala, Sridevi
- Singer(s): Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus
- Holiday Destination: Maldives
- Designer: Sabyasachi Mukherjee
- Film(s): Maine Pyaar Kiya and King Uncle
- Book: The Secret by Australian author Rhonda Byrne
- Director: Vishal Bhardwaj
- She has two pet dogs, Theo and Miko.
- Daisy is a fitness enthusiast, and she practises yoga regularly.
- Daisy, while she was studying in the tenth standard, won the title of ‘Miss Photogenic’ in the Miss Dombivali contest at a local mall in Mumbai.
- Daisy Shah worked as an assistant dancer in the Bollywood film Race.
- Daisy Shah has a self-titled YouTube channel, where she posts videos of her workout regime, travel vlogs, dance shorts, and cooking recipes. Daisy Shah – Youtube
- Daisy Shah has featured on the cover of many magazines like Filmfare, Fablook, Vesture, and Fitlook.
- Daisy, for her movie Race 3, went through immense training in kickboxing. In an interview, she said,
The film has action sequences and my training in kickboxing really helped to gain good reflex. I started my training in kickboxing a year ago because I wanted to learn it. Eventually, it helped me to get things right in the film,”.
- Daisy is fondly called by the name Dizzy by her friends and family.
- Daisy, along with other actresses, is an eminent part of a concert tour named Da-Bangg Tour, led by Salman.
- Daisy always dreamt of becoming an air hostess in her childhood days.
- Daisy was offered to play the role of Kareena Kapoor‘s best friend in ‘Bodyguard’, but the role did not excite her. Reportedly, Salman Khan got angry and irritated with her decision of saying no to the film. In an interview, she said,
I was not convinced with the part that I was offered to play. I was shooting for a south film and dates were also a problem. I couldn’t put that project on hold, I had to concentrate on one thing, I chose to do south film,” she said.
- Daisy has walked down the ramp for a few designers like Amit GT at Lakme Fashion week 2017 and Kanchan More at Lakme Fashion Week 2019.
- In May 2018, Mumbai police tweeted to promote cyber safety, which was inspired by the Bollywood film Race 3 actress Daisy Shah’s viral dialogue ‘Our business is our business, none of your business.’
— मुंबई पोलीस – Mumbai Police (@MumbaiPolice) May 23, 2018