Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu is an Indian politician. She is also known to be the mother of the famous Indian rap artist, Sidhu Moose Wala.
Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu was born on 15 May. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
Parents & Siblings
Not much information is available about her parents’ or siblings’ names or professions.
Husband & Children
Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu is a Jatt Sikh.
Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu began her political career in 2018; when she participated in the Punjab Gram Panchayat elections being held at Moosa village, Mansa District, Punjab. She participated in the elections with the support of the Indian National Congress (INC). Charanjeet Kaur managed to secure victory in the elections and defeated her rival from the Akali Dal, by a margin of 702 votes. The core agenda of her election campaign was to fight against the rampant drug and alcohol abuse in the Moosa village.
- During the campaigning of the 2018 Gram Panchayat Elections, Sidhu Moose Wala promoted the candidature of his mother by starting a door to door campaign at Mansa village.
- Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu, in an interview, had expressed her deep desire to watch her son get married.
- Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu had revealed in an interview that her son would be getting married soon, and since, Sidhu Moose Wala had chosen the girl himself; it would be a love marriage and not an arranged marriage. In an interview, Charanjeet Kaur exclaimed,
My son was to get married soon, and that too by the end of this year itself. He had already exchanged the rings with his partner, the photo of engagement being circulated on the internet is false though, it is from a project of his. The marriage won’t be an arranged marriage. It would have been a loved one. He chose the girl himself and the preparations of the marriage had already begun.”
- After the death of her son, Sidhu Moose Wala, Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu accused the Aam Aadmi Party-led Punjab Government. She also blamed Punjab’s Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann and the party’s President, Arvind Kejriwal, the Chief Minister of Delhi, for her son’s assassination. She claimed that the Punjab government, despite knowing the fact that there was a threat to her son’s life, revoked the Punjab Police’s protection detail in 2022. Nrjsclub
- Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu further accused Punjab’s Chief Minister, Bhagwant Mann, of providing 20 Punjab policemen for the security of her sister. Nrjsclub
- Charanjeet Kaur Sidhu and her husband, Balkaur Singh, got themselves tattooed with a drawing of the singer on their hands in July 2022.