Prerna Arora is an Indian film financer. She hit the headlines in July 2022 when the Enforcement Directorate (ED) booked her in a money laundering case worth rupees 31 crores in Mumbai.
Prerna Arora was born on Wednesday, 9 December 1987 (age 34 years; as of 2022) in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She was brought up in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Virender Arora, and he is an Indian film producer.
Her mother’s name is Mandiraa. She has a sister named Kussum Arora.
She is not married.
Prerna Arora began her career in Indian cinema in 2016 after she produced the film Rustom starring Akshay Kumar. This film earned several accolades soon after its release.
Later, she produced several award-winning movies including ‘Toilet Ek Prem Katha (2017),’ ‘Pad Man (2018),’ ‘Kedarnath (2018),’ ‘Fanney Khan (2018),’ and Talluq (2021). The well-known Indian actress Anushka Sharma worked on the film Pari with Prerna Arora in 2018.
Later, she produced several Bollywood music videos such as Ruk (2022) and Musafir (2022).
In July 2022, she attracted controversy when she was arrested in a money laundering case worth rupees 31 crores by the Enforcement Directorate (ED). The Times of India She was accused under sections 420 (cheating) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC. Earlier, she was arrested by the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) in 2018 on a complaint by the Indian film financier Vashu Bhagnani of Rs 31.6 crore for cheating him. The Times of India
- Her full name is Prerna V Arora. Business World
- In 2016. Prerna Arora founded KriArj Entertainment (a production house), along with her father and a family friend Arjun N. Kapoor, who is their business partner. However, this production house stopped its operations in 2018. Later, she launched another production house named Mandiraa Entertainment.
- Once, the family of Prerna Arora was the owner of the renowned Great Kamla Circus, which was named after her late grandmother. Later, this circus venture was sold to Apollo Circus, but her family still has a small partnership in it.
- In 2018, she received the best film award for the film Toilet – Ek Prem Katha, which was released in 2017.
- According to Prerna, though her mother belonged to Mumbai, Prerna was brought up in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. In a conversation with a media house, Prerna stated that she did not have any film background. She remembered during the discussion that it was her mother who familiarised her with the Indian films that ultimately attracted her to Bollywood. She said,
I come from a small town. My mom introduced me to films like Brahmachari, Mr India, Bimal Roy’s movies, Sujata… I got attracted to cinema and started watching more and more.”
In the same talk, she stated that she was not interested in acting in the films but she wanted to produce the films. She also credited her family friend Arjun N. Kapoor for helping her to accomplish her ambition.
- Prerna Arora regularly shares pictures and videos on various social media platforms. Over 11.7k people follow her Instagram account. She also remains active on Twitter.
- In a conversation with a media reporter, once, Prerna disclosed that she loved touring distant places in her free time, and in the same interview, she talked about shopping as her favourite pastime activity. She said,
I am a compulsive shopper. I have rooms and rooms full of this. I love Dior! When I was small, I had this whole thing of being someone when I grow up and buying Dior and wearing them. I want more!”
- According to Prerna Arora, she is one of the three top customers of Dior in India. Once, she revealed to a leading media house that she was one of the guests of the label’s creative director Maria Grazia Chiuri, who invited her to Chiuri’s Winterfall collection in 2017.
|↑1||The Times of India|
|↑2||The Times of India|