Rupesh Bane is an Indian dancer and actor and winner of the Indian television dance reality show “Dance Plus: Season 5.” He is popularly known as ‘T-shirt Boy.’
Rupesh Bane was born on Monday, 8 November 1999 (age 20 years; as in 2o19) in the Dombivli City of Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
He went to Shree Vailankanni English School in Dombivli, but he left his schooling in 11th standard to pursue dance as a career.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
His mother, Kirti Bane is a security officer at the University of Mumbai Fort Campus. His father is no more.
He has two elder brothers, Umesh Bane (works at The St. Regis Hotel, Mumbai) and Kunal Bane (Actor, Director & Producer).
He is in a relationship with a girl named Sana.
He auditioned for the dance reality show “Dance India Dance Li’l Masters” earlier but failed to clear the auditions. He also participated thrice in the dance reality show “Dance Plus” but was eliminated in the auditions. In 2019, he participated in the season 5 of Star Plus’s show “Dance Plus” and became the winner of the show.
In 2015, he made his acting debut with the Marathi film “Cinderella.”
He has acted in two more Marathi films, Bardo (2018) and Sur Sapata (2019).
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Dancer: Dharmesh Yelande
- He likes travelling and dancing.
- Rupesh Bane’s mother, Kirti is a security officer in government organisation. She also stitches clothes to earn extra income for the family.
- Before coming to Dance Plus, Rupesh, along with his brothers, used to sell candles and newspapers to help their mother run the family.
- In an interview, Rupesh revealed that unlike other parents who force their children to study, her mother wanted him to pursue dance as his career. He also said that he initially learned to dance from his mother and underwent professional training later.
- In an interview, Rupesh confessed that he had faced rejections in the dance competitions earlier, and hence, to participate in ‘Dance Plus,’ he practised for 16 hours a day and sometimes even throughout the night.
- He had a long T-shirt, which he used to wear while cleaning his house. While working in his house, he made dance step with the T-shirt. He performed the dance with his T-shirt for the first time during a competition and the audience liked it. After that, he started performing his trademark T-shirt dance in various competitions, earning the name ‘T-shirt Boy.’
- In 2019, he participated in the Nexstar Dance Competition.
- As the winner of the season 5 of show ‘Dance Plus,’ Rupesh received a trophy and Rs. 15 lakhs, as the prize.
- He also owns a YouTube Channel by the name ‘Rupesh Bane’ in which, he uploads his dance videos.
- Rupesh is an animal lover and owns a dog named ‘Jenny.’