Kritika Avasthi is an Indian actress and professional dancer. She gained immense popularity as Maggu in the famous web-series ‘Engineering Girls’ (2018).
Kritika Avasthi was born on Saturday, 9 January 1988 (age 33 years; as of 2021) in South Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She completed her schooling at Sadhu Vaswani International School for Girls, New Delhi. She did a Bachelor of Commerce in 2010 at Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, Delhi. In 2013, she did LLB at Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Delhi. LinkedIn
IMDb Height: 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Mukesh Avasthi, is a marketing officer at National Insurance Company Ltd. Her mother’s name is Savita Avasthi. She has one brother, Varun Avasthi.
In 2010, she joined The Danceworx as a dance teacher. In 2013, she worked as a dancer in Motion Dance Academy, New Delhi. Later, she decided to shift to Mumbai from Delhi to pursue her career in acting. She has appeared in various TV commercials including Parachute, KFC, and Advanced Body Lotion. She then debuted as an actor in the Star Plus TV serial ‘Airlines’ in 2014. She played the role of Avan in Bindass TV serial ‘Girl in the City’ (2016).
Kritika played a cameo role in ‘AIB Sketch video’ in 2017. She has acted in a few Hindi short films like ‘Pinjra’ (2017), ‘Anischit’ (2018), and ‘Horoscope’ (2020). She has appeared in the videos of various YouTube channels such as FilterCopy, Timeliners, Girliyapa, and Alright. Some of her popular YouTube web-series are ‘Girlsplaining’ (2018) and ‘Engineering Girls’ (2018).
In 2021, she appeared in the Hindi web-series ‘Tandav.’ She has acted in a few Hindi films such as ‘Saroj Ka Rishta’ (2020) and ‘Justice For Good Content’ (2021).
- Food: Momos
- Film(s): Hum Aapke Hain Kaun (1994), Kaminey (2009), and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2013)
- Song(s): Bandook Meri Laila from ‘A Gentleman’ (2017), Ghungroo Toot Gaye from ‘War’ (2019), and Dance Monkey
- Holiday Destination: Greece
- Book: Harry Potter series
- In 2013, she worked as an intern in the Supreme Court of India.
- During an interview, she talked about her initial journey as an actor, she said,
One day, I saw my cousin who was a fashion designer, featuring in an advertisement and I called her up to find her in Bangalore. The ad she featured in got viral and that somehow struck a chord in my mind. Then I thought I should give acting a chance. As a result, I gave auditions in Delhi and got featured in a show “Airlines” on the Star Plus channel. I tested the waters in Delhi, went to Mumbai and the rest is history.” Filmy Loop
- She is an animal lover and has a pet dog named Pablo.
- She follows the teachings of the healing and arhatic yoga grandmaster Choa Kok Sui.
- Kritika Avasthi loves cooking and travelling.
- During an interview, she shared five things that she always took with her while going out, she said,
5 things I never leave home without are my phone, my wallet, my makeup, my hand sanitiser, and my phone charger.”
- Her motto in life is,
We should all function out of love all the time, as love is the only true emotion.”
References [ + ]