Kamiya Jani is an Indian journalist, content creator, anchor, YouTuber, and social media influencer who is well-known for her show ‘Sunday Brunch’ on her YouTube channel Curly Tales in which she invites celebrities over lunch to have an interactive session with them.
Kamiya Jani was born on Wednesday, 25 May 1988 (age 34 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. Kamiya Jani holds a degree of Bachelor of Mass Media from R.D. National College, Mumbai. Later, she graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from G J Advani Law College, Mumbai, India.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Parents & Siblings
Kamiya Jani’s father’s name is Mohan Jani.
He is a businessman, and he deals in the manufacturing of auto rickshaws. Her mother’s name is Poonam Jani.
Kamiya has an elder brother, Tarun Jani, and a sister, Payal Jani.
Kamiya Jani’s grandfather’s name is Naraindas Jani. He belonged to Pakistan, but during the partition of India, he migrated to Mumbai, India.
Husband & Children
Kamiya Jani is married to Samar Verma.
In an interview, Kamiya talked about how she met her husband and said,
I had met Samar during my first job, when I was a finance writer at CNBC. We started dating after 6 months of knowing each other. After dating for another six months, we had even broken up for a year. But when there is love, it definitely finds its way of uniting hearts together. I was diagnosed with swine flu after returning from a Thailand trip. And that’s where our story took a U-turn. My sickness shook up Samar, made him anxious and soon after we patched up, and this time, with a promise of forever. Curlytales
The couple has a daughter, Ziana Verma.
In February 2006, Kamiya Jani started her career as a journalist with The Times of India. In June 2006, Kamiya switched her job and joined CNBC TV18 as a correspondent and sub-editor.
She served at CNBC TV18 for a period of 1.8 years. Later, in February 2008, Kamiya joined
In 2016, Kamiya Jani started her own blog channel Curly Tales on YouTube. In an interview, talking about quitting her job, Kamiya said,
I got bored with the same routine of waking up at 5 am for a TV show and decided to take the plunge. I realised there weren’t any platforms dedicated to local discovery, travel and recommendations. So I decided to quit my job and put all my energy into Curly Tales.” Leverage Edu
Initially, Kamiya started with a 1-minute text-based video. Later, she started posting food and travel blogs on YouTube. Kamiya Jani hosts various shows on her Youtube channel like Sunday Brunch, which is a celebrity talk show wherein she invites renowned personalities for a brunch, Tere Gully Mein, Street Stories, Curly Tales in UAE, and many more.
Kamiya Jani is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Curly Tales, which is a food, travel, experience, and lifestyle content platform. Curly Tales is a team of more than 20 people with its head office situated in Mumbai. In an interview, talking about her journey with Curly Tales, Kamiya said,
Curly tales is a food and travel platform and thankfully all age groups enjoy these two categories. That’s the whole intent of reaching out to various age groups. How it originated is an interesting story. 4-5 years ago, I was a news anchor at a business news channel but after a good 10 years of corporate job in media industry I decided to listen to my inner calling. I quit my job, started travelling, documenting my travels and culinary journeys, made videos posted on Facebook and boom I saw some really good response coming from all age groups. So that’s how Curly tales was born back in 2017, cut to 2021 we are now with 2.1 million followers on Facebook.” The Daily Guardian
In 2019, Kamiya Jani’s show Curly Tales aired on the channel The Q India.
- 2018: Top Social Influencer of the Year Award by Upper Story
- 2019: The Most Influential Content Marketing Professional by the World Marketing Congress Awards
- 2022: The Best Food Influencer of the Year Award by Exhibit Magazine
Kamiya Jani owns a Mustang, BMW 2 Series Coupe, and a Tata Motor Safari.
- Food: Pani Puri
- Colour: White
- Book: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Travel Destination (s): Goa, Lisbon, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and Kerala
- In 2010, Kamiya Jani was sent to Malaysia, where she was asked to cover the Grand Prix race at Sepang Circuit after a colleague of hers fell sick.
- In October 2018, Kamiya Jani was invited to a TEDx event to share her life experiences at NIT Srinagar.
- Kamiya Jani has 1.6 million subscribers on her YouTube channel and 2.7 million followers on her Facebook page, Curly Tales.
- Kamiya is often spotted drinking wine with friends at various events and parties.
- Curly Tales is India’s number 1 food and travel discovery content platform. Curly Tales – YouTube
- In an interview, talking about how social media has uplifted her business, Kamiya Jani said,
I think social media is great space to be in if you want to reach out to people. People have got addicted to social media which is a good thing for creators like me to showcase our talents and stories. We want to put out one story every day to give them a bucket list which can motivate them to move out of office or homes to discover and explore hidden gems. Our formula is not to give exclusive luxurious experiences but more of something which is achievable and relatable. So we covered mostly neighbourhood stories. Facebook is a great platform to kick-start and where we are today is because of Facebook.” The Daily Guardian
- In April 2022, Kamiya Jani walked the ramp as a show-stopper at Bombay Times Fashion Week for UNIMO- Universe of Moms.
- Kamiya Jani has a pet dog, Leo.
- In January 2023, she took an informal interview with Rahul Gandhi during his Rajasthan leg of the Bharat Jodo Yatra. In the interview, Rahul Gandhi talked about many personal aspects of his life.
|↑3, ↑5||The Daily Guardian|
|↑4||Curly Tales – YouTube|