Eleena Koul is an Indian high-end luxury home décor consultant and actor who appeared in the 2023 film ‘The Kerala Story.’
Eleena Koul Pandita Geeta Koul – Facebook was born on 22 December in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, where she grew up. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She studied at International Delhi Public School Jammu (IDPS Jammu).
Eleena attended the Institute of Home Economics in New Delhi and pursued a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Delhi University (July 2017 – September 2020). She took acting lessons from the Indian School of Acting in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh from February 2021 to October 2021. Eleena obtained a Master of Arts degree in Journalism and Mass Communication (2021-2023) from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). Eleena Koul – Facebook Eleena Koul – LinkedIn
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black with Light Brown highlights
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Eleena Koul belongs to a Kashmiri Pandit family in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir. Eleena Koul – Facebook
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Girdari Pandita, while her mother’s name is Geeta Koul, who works as a teacher.
Eleena has a younger brother named Eshaan.
Husband & Children
Eleena Koul is unmarried and has no children.
Business Development Manager
Eleena Koul joined ‘Sources Unlimited’ as a business development manager in December 2022.
In 2023, Eleena made her debut in Bollywood with the film ‘The Kerala Story’ in which she appeared as ‘Husn.’ The movie focused on the contentious topic of love jihad, involving the conversion of women in Kerala to Islam and their alleged abduction to ISIS-controlled Syria at the peak of the group’s power.
In November 2022, the teaser of the film ‘The Kerala Story’ was released by director Sudipto Sen, claiming that around 32,000 girls were converted to Islam and forcibly joined the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in Syria and Afghanistan. The trailer faced backlash for allegedly depicting the state as a hub of Islamic terrorism. Tamil Nadu-based journalist B. R. Arvindakshan filed a complaint seeking a film ban unless the director substantiated the facts. He argued that the movie could disrupt peace, unity, and integrity, leading to communal tensions. A case was registered under sections 153 A & B of the Indian Penal Code, which addresses promoting disharmony and enmity between faith-based groups. Sen, however, addressed a press conference and said that the film itself would address all questions and concerns upon its release and he would later further substantiate the other questions. Hindustan Times
Eleena Koul played the role of ‘Roohi’ in a short film titled ‘Idli Amma’ in 2023.
- Film: In the Mood for Love (2000)
- Director: Wong Kar-wai
- Eleena has cynophobia. Eleena Koul – Instagram
- She loves animals and often raises voice against the consumption of meat and animal-based products.
- Koul likes reading, writing, and exploring new cultures.
- As a home décor consultant, she excels in European aesthetics, specifically emphasizing the elegance of Italian design.
- She has worked in many theatrical productions including ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’ by the American playwright Edward Albee, which she performed at the Indian School of Acting, Uttar Pradesh.
- Eleena is an avid film enthusiast with a particular fondness for world cinema. She frequently shares her movie-watching experiences on social media platforms.