Megha Thakur (2001-2022) was an Indian-origin Canadian social media influencer, who promoted body positivity and South Asian representation in Canada. She had a following of admirers who looked up to her for her compassionate viewpoints and dance skills. On 24 November 2022, she passed away in Canada due to unknown reasons.
Megha Thakur was born on Tuesday, 17 July 2001 (age 21 years; at the time of death) in India. Her zodiac sign was Cancer. When she was one year old, her parents moved to Brampton in Ontario. In 2019, Megha completed her schooling at Mayfield Secondary School. At the time of her death, she was enrolled as a student at Western University in Canada.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 40 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information available about Megha’s family.
According to her Spotify podcast, Megha was a spiritual person.
On 24 November 2022, the 21-year-old TikTok star passed away. The Economic Times According to her parents, she died “suddenly and unexpectedly.” Her parents announced the sudden demise of their daughter through an Instagram post from her Instagram account and wrote,
It is with heavy hearts we announce the light of our life, our kind, caring, and beautiful daughter, Megha Thakur, suddenly and unexpectedly passed away on November 24, 2022 in the early morning hours. Megha was a confident and independent young woman. She will be dearly missed. She loved her fans and would have wanted you to know of her passing. At this time, we request your blessings for Megha. Your thoughts and prayers will be with her in her onward journey.
– Megha’s loving parents”
However, on 29 November 2022, a Twitter user claimed that Megha died in a car crash. NDTV
- In 2022, Megha suffered from a heart attack. On 16 July 2022, Megha talked about her health in an Instagram post and said,
I have really bad anxiety, which turned into stress, which turned into a heart attack, so I’ve been dealing with that.”
- In 2022, Western University insisted all its students get COVID-19 shots. Following her death, some of Megha’s fans started linking the cause of her death to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- When Megha was studying in school, she was bullied by her classmates. She also received hate and negative comments on her social media account for being “too bold” and “confident.”
- She promoted body positivity and often motivated people on body image-related issues such as body dysmorphia.
- Apart from being a social media influencer, Megha ran a podcast on the Spotify app under the name MeghaMind in which she used to talk about her life, depression, and mental health.
- Megha modeled for many brands and appeared in several fashion shows.
- She had 930k+ followers on TikTok and more than 10M followers on Instagram.
- Megha liked to drink champagne occasionally. Instagram – Megha Thakur
|↑1||The Economic Times|
|↑3||Instagram – Megha Thakur|