Rahul Dua is an established Indian stand-up comedian and is referred to as the brightest comic of the new generation. His caught his first big break when he appeared on ‘Comicstaan’, a comedy reality show. He is also an active YouTuber and his videos go viral. His genre of comedy is ‘observational comedy’. Dua was an investment banker, who turned into a standup comedian.
Rahul Dua was born in 1992 (age as in 2020; 28 years) and hails from Ludhiana, Punjab, India. He did his schooling from Sacred Heart Convent School, Ludhiana, and pursued his B.Tech in Electronics and Communications at Thapar University, Patiala. Thereafter, he appeared for CAT (an entrance test for MBA) and managed to get admitted in Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi, one of top B-school in India. His MBA specialisation was in Finance and Marketing.
Height (approx.): 5’10”
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Parents & Siblings
Rahul Dua’s father, Late Kirti Dua, was a professor at the Guru Angad Dev Veterinary And Animal Sciences University (GADVASU). His mother, Geeta Dua, is a Teacher at Sat Paul Mittal School, Ludhiana. His younger brother’s name is Sidharth Dua.
Relationships, Wife & Children
Rahul Dua is unmarried and nothing much is known about his relationships.
In Corporate sector:
Rahul Dua was a project intern at Nokia, Gurgaon, for six months (Jan 2011 – Jun 2011). Afterwards, he started off working as a credit risk officer at Citibank, Mumbai, and eventually went on to become an investment banker. Dua worked at the Citibank for approximately 18 months. While he was trying his hand at open mics, he was also simultaneously working as an Assistant Manager at Star India Private Limited (Star TV), Gurgaon (2015-2017).
As a Stand-up Comedian:
Along with his day job at Star TV, he managed time for the open mic nights at Connaught Place, Delhi. When finally Dua started getting paid for his performances, he decided to pursue stand-up full time. In an interview he said,
Once I started getting paid slots, I decided to quit the job and pursue comedy full-time. Coincidently, when I was serving my notice period, the ad for Comicstaan came out’.
In 2018, Dua made his debut appearance as a contestant in ‘Comicstaan,’ an Indian stand-up comedy competition television series, where he was titled as the first runner-up. It was after this reality show that Dua shot to fame.
- Winner, NDTV Rising Stars of Comedy (2016)
- Winner, Comedy Central Chuckle Hunt (2016)
- 1st Runners Up, Comicstaan Season 01
- Rahul was an extraordinarily intelligent student. He was a topper in school, as well as college. He was a merit scholarship holder at Thapar University, Patiala, where he pursued B.Tech in Electronics and Communications.
- After his graduation, Rahul scored 99.4 percentile in CAT (Common Admission Test), an entrance test for MBA, which led to his admission in one of the finest MBA colleges in India, Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi.
- Rahul is fond of watching Netflix and movies, Cooking, Reading, Cycling and Painting.
- His favourite comedians are Dave Chappelle, James Acaster, and Bill Burr.
- Rahul actively participated in various extra-curricular activities at school as well as college.
- At Thapar University, Rahul won prizes in film-making, skit, and ad-making competitions at the inter-college cultural festival.
- Rahul was the funniest guy among his colleagues when he was working as an investment banker at the Citibank. In an interview, he said,
The job was hard, but the best time of my day became the 10-minute break, during which we would make fun of our jobs. I was the clown of the group.’
- Nishant Suri, the winner of ‘Comicstaan’ season 1, along with Rahul Dua, toured across the country for a Dua-Suri Show, a showcase of 30 minutes each.
- His latest gig (as in 2020), ‘Oh Hello!’ has taken the audience by storm. This was his first solo tour. He was about to tour forty cities at a part of ‘Oh Hello,’ but due to the outburst of coronavirus, he is performing this hilarious set online.