Gnaneswari Kandregula is an actress who is well-known for appearing in Kannada and Telugu films and TV shows.
Gnaneswari Kandregula was born on Sunday, 30 June 1996 (age 26 years; as of 2023) in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She did her schooling at Kendriya Vidyalaya Vishakhapatnam Steel Plants in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. From 2016 to 2020, she pursued a Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science at Gayathri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering in Visakhapatnam. Thereafter, she completed a course on Split-Thickness Skin Graft (STSG) at NRI Academy in Vishakhapatnam.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-26-34
Parents & Siblings
Her mother’s name is Annapurna Kandregula. She has a sister named Bhargavi Kandregula who is an advocate.
She is unmarried.
In 2019, she starred in a Telugu short film titled Peru Leni Manishi (Man With No Name), which was written and directed by Sreedhar K Rao.
In 2021, she played the role of Shashi/Sasi in the film Mr & Miss directed by T. Ashok Kumar Reddy.
She has played a variety of roles in Telugu films including Nee Jathaga (2021), #MayaLo (2022), and Chakravyuham: The Trap (2023).
In 2018, she appeared in the show Pellichoopulu, which was hosted by Pradeep Machiraju. The show revolved around the idea of picking a girl and getting married. Ultimately, he chose Gnaneshwari Kandregu out of 14 contestants; however, the wedding never took place.
In 2019, she appeared in the TV series Oka Love Janta in which she played the role of Shruthi.
She appeared in SonyLiv Originals’ 3Cs – Choices, Chances, and Changes (2023).
Awards & Achievements
- In 2019, she won the award of Best Actress SIIMA (2019) for the short film Peru Leni Manishi (Man With No Name).
- In 2019, she was given the title of the Most Desirable Women on TV by Hyderabad Times.
- She is fondly called Priya by her family and close friends.
- In an interview, Gnaneswari revealed that she wanted to become an entrepreneur. She further added,
It happened to me accidentally. I finished my studies (B.tech in computers) and wanted to pursue masters in business administration. I always dreamt of being in IITs and IIMs and so while preparing for MBA, one of my professors suggested that if I had work experience, an MBA study will be more purposeful and so I got into an MNC. In college, I was recruited but that is not something I saw myself in. I wanted to be an entrepreneur.”
- Gnaneswari credits her mother for turning her into a fearless woman. She appreciated her mother in an interview and said that her mother would push her to sing and dance in social gatherings because of which she never was shy.
- Gnaneswari Kandregula always considered herself an extrovert but later realized that she was an introvert. She once said in an interview that she liked her space and very much liked to be with herself.
- When talking about how she landed into the acting career, Gnaneswari said that after she appeared in a short film, she began receiving calls from production houses. She also got a message from a director after he saw her Facebook profile. While she thought it was a prank call, Gananeswari responded sarcastically. She later got to know it was an authentic call for the film Dear Comrade. She then met director Bharath Kamma and he was impressed by her.
- While Gnaneswari was studying in college, she established a restaurant in Vizag.
I hope people also start liking what I do. The restaurant was doing good and I became very well known in my college and the city. Also I was just 19 doing this with support from my father. My sister, an advocate, also chipped in her bit. Around this time, one of my friends wanted me to do a short film and I just couldn’t say no. I did it for him, we shot that for six hours and people really loved it. It reached many people.”
- Gnaneswari appeared for the CAT exam; however, she couldn’t clear it. She said in an interview that she decided to give the exam another try but had received several offers to act in web series.
I appeared for the CAT exam and the result was not encouraging, I felt short of very few marks. I had another one long year to give the exam again and meanwhile many were asking me to act in a web series. I thought I’ll try and in the remaining months I will use it for studies. The web series was to wrap up in 20 days and it went on for 3 months. I worked in a reality show too and it fetched me name, fame. I was also a part of a demo film and the director wanted to make the demo film as a feature film. There were a couple of romantic scenes which I thought could never pull off. Later I said yes after a long wait and it was released. Right now it is on Amazon Prime and then I got into Senapathi.”
- After Mr and Miss, Gnaneswari did Maya-lo which was in post-production when Senapati was offered to her.
- Gnaneswari didn’t watch films in her childhood. While talking about OTT platforms in an interview, she said,
To me, it is totally new and for someone who hasn’t watched films in childhood..this was a blessing. During the pandemic, the OTT came out with amazing cinema, world cinema. There is no hero or heroine and we can’t bluff the audience about box office numbers. OTT has standards, it has quality, script and acting. It is a big thing and is opening gates for a lot of aspiring people and I still feel bad for those who look down upon OTT. No one imagined a pandemic like this would turn things upside down. It gives a better viewing experience. A big screen is always a big screen. Nothing can beat it. Enjoying a film with a crowd is different but chilling with your family and getting to forward something that doesn’t fit your interest works for many.”
- She once talked about how she was offered to play the role of Satya in the Tamil film Senapathi (2021) and said that the executive producer randomly called her one day while talking about her journey.
Everyone is suddenly talking about Senapathi. Pavan’s confidence is great. The executive producer randomly called and said it would be great if I send a video. The director called me to the office and told me about the original Tamil film. He made many changes and gave a brief overview of the characters. The magic started when we started shooting. It is already a hit film in Tamil, but once it started, the director’s confidence in the making was great. He made sure the audience got engaged. He had initially told me to watch the Tamil film and briefed me, said that in the original – the heroine hasn’t much to play, here we increased the journey with the actor. In the second half, there are only two scenes. To be honest, the story doesn’t ask for my presence.”
- She did her first-ever ramp walk in the show Pellichoopulu (2018).
- She consumes alcoholic beverages.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.