Siddhant Karnick is an Indian actor who is known for his appearance in Hindi-language television series like ‘Yeh Hai Aashiqui’ (2013), ‘Gustakh Dil’ (2014), and ‘Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani’ (2015).
Siddhant Karnick was born on Tuesday, 15 March 1983 (age 40 years; as of 2023) in Bombay (now Mumbai), Maharashtra, India. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
Siddhant studied at Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai. He pursued a bachelor’s degree in mass media, arts, entertainment, and media management at National College (2001-2004). Siddhant Karnick – LinkedIn According to Siddhant Karnick, he wanted to serve in the Indian Air Force as a fighter pilot. He dedicated nearly two years to studying for this pursuit; however, he later made the decision to discontinue pursuing this career. Siddhant Karnick – Instagram
Height (approx.): 6′
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42″, Waist: 36″, Biceps: 15″
Parents & Siblings
His mother’s name is Kiran Karnick, while his father’s name is Mahesh Karnick, who served as a Brigadier in the Indian Army. In July 2020, Mahesh Karnick passed away due to Coronavirus disease. TEDx Talks – YouTube
Siddhant Karnick has a brother named Kashish Karnick, who works at Lenovo.
Siddhant Karnick got married to Megha Gupta, an Indian television actor and model, on 16 August 2016. Reportedly, the couple had decided to have a big fat wedding, but they ended up having a court marriage due to Megha Gupta’s father’s demise.
After almost five months of their marriage, the duo decided to get married again. They had a destination wedding in Nashik, Maharashtra, India.
According to reports, the couple faced some difficulties in their relationship in 2019, India Today and they got divorced in March 2020. In an interview, Siddhant talked about their separation and said that there was a lack of patience and peace of mind in their relationship, which led them to part ways. He added that they even went for therapies to make it work but it didn’t. The Times of India While talking about this, in the interview, Siddhant Karnick said,
Megha and I went for therapy and tried to do everything we could to make it work, but in vain. We even started living separately in March last year. We felt that it would be better if we lived apart for some time and see if distance made the heart grow fonder. However, we realised that we had more peace of mind when we were not together.”
Reportedly, Siddhant Karnick and Megha Gupta crossed paths at a party hosted by Vivian Dsena and Vahbiz Dorabjee in 2015. According to Megha Gupta, they would often encounter each other at different events, but it was during this particular gathering that they felt an immediate connection. This marked the beginning of their romantic relationship as they started dating soon after.
Siddhant Karnick worked in some short films. In 2008, he played the role of ‘The Moustache’ in the short film ‘The Mole.’
In 2011, he appeared in short films titled ‘The Au Revoir’ and ‘Project 11: 11 Directors. 11 Gamers. 1 Game’ (as Pinatubo).
Siddhant made his debut in Bollywood with the film ‘Fast Forward’ (2009) in which he played the role of ‘Vicky.’
In 2010, he appeared as a television show anchor in the romantic drama film ‘Lafangey Parindey.’ Karnick worked in many other films including ‘Listen… Amaya’ (2013), ‘Thappad’ (2020), and ‘Adipurush’ (2023).
Karnick made his International debut with a Swiss film titled ‘Und Morgen Seid Ihr Tot’ (trans. And Tomorrow We Will Be Dead) in 2021. He appeared as ‘Nazarjan’ in the film.
Siddhant debuted in the Hindi television industry with a drama series titled ‘Remix’ (2004) in which he appeared as Arjun Khanna; the series was aired on the channel Star One.
He played the role of Madhav Merchant in Sony Entertainment Television’s series ‘Kismat’ in 2011. In 2017, Siddhant appeared as ‘Sameer Sen’ in the anthology series ‘MTV Big F,’ which aired on the channel MTV India.
Siddhant Karnick appeared in many other television series including ‘Yeh Hai Aashiqui’ (2013), ‘Gustakh Dil’ (2014), ‘Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani’ (2015-2016), and ‘Kaal Bhairav Rahasya Season 2’ (2018).
Siddhant Karnick was featured in many television commercials for brands like Idea Cellular (commonly referred to as Idea) (2006), Oxemberg (2009), Maruti Suzuki Dzire (2010), Raymond (2011), and Secret Temptation (2012).
Karnick has worked in many theatrical productions. In 2013, he appeared in theatre director Quasar Thakore Padamsee’s play ‘So Many Socks,’ which was performed in Mumbai; the play was nominated for the Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Awards (META) 2013. Mid-Day In 2014, he appeared in a theatrical production titled ‘It’s Not Waht You Tihnk!,’ which was performed at Experimental Theatre in Mumbai; it was an Indian adaptation of the Commedia Dell’ Arte form of theatre.
Karnick made his digital debut with the comedy-drama web series ‘Potluck’ in 2021; he played the role of ‘Aalim’ in the series. The web series premiered on SonyLIV.
In 2022, he appeared as ‘Ravish’ in a medical thriller web series titled ‘Human,’ which premiered on Disney+ Hotstar. In the same year, Siddhant appeared as ‘Vikram’ in Amazon Prime Video’s romantic comedy anthology series ‘Modern Love Mumbai.’
Voice Over Artist
Siddhant has worked as a voice-over artist as well. He lent his voice to the character ‘Indraverma’ (the King of Dholakpur) of the Indian animated comedy adventure television series ‘Chhota Bheem.’
In 2010, Karnick worked as a voice-over artist for films like ‘Red Cliff’ (directed by a Hong-Kong filmmaker named John Woo) and ‘The Storm Warriors.’
Siddhant Karnick has hosted many award shows including WOW Awards (2010) and Lodha Awards (2011).
Siddhant Karnick owns a Honda Africa Twin.
He owns a Royal Enfield Bullet.
Siddhant owns a Range Rover Evoque.
He owns a Volkswagen Polo GT TSI.
He owns an Audi A4.
- Food: Sushi
- Car: Range Rover
- Siddhant was into modelling and dancing since his college days. According to his LinkedIn profile, he underwent formal training in various dance styles in Canada, becoming particularly proficient in salsa and hip-hop. During his college years, Siddhant used his expertise to train numerous people in salsa. He did many modelling assignments as well. Siddhant Karnick – LinkedIn
- Karnick consumes alcohol occasionally.
- As per his LinkedIn profile, Siddhant Karnick had a brief stint as a copywriter at Leo Burnett in Mumbai; he worked for three months, i.e., from January 2005 to March 2005. Siddhant Karnick – LinkedIn
- In 2014, Siddhant appeared in a television commercial for a prominent telecom company. The advertisement later faced criticism from viewers due to concerns about gender roles in the corporate sphere. Siddhant, on the other hand, addressed this matter in an interview, expressing his belief that the commercial was a wonderful portrayal of a couple’s relationship. He attributed the backlash to a lack of practicality among people, highlighting it as a reason for the strong negative response towards the advertisement. The Times of India
- Karnick loves riding, and he calls himself a Motorcycle Monk. He shares his adventurous riding experiences through his social media posts. Karnick strongly believes in the power of exploration and continuous learning while he traverses different places. In addition to his love for riding, he has also showcased his skills in various riding competitions, including the Wild River competition of 2018 in which he was declared the winner.
- He is a passionate photographer and videographer who finds joy in capturing and documenting his thrilling trips and riding experiences.
- Siddhant is an avid animal lover. He often shares his pictures with them on social media. Siddhant has a pet dog as well.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and often shares his workout regimen on his social media handles.
- Siddhant Karnick shares a special bond with the actress Drashti Dhami, who once helped him at a press conference for a show launch in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Siddhant, through an Instagram post, revealed that a journalist questioned his resemblance to his character, leaving him shocked and speechless; however, Drashti promptly responded to the journalist, questioning how he could judge Siddhant’s portrayal based on a two-minute trailer and even questioning his role as a journalist or a film critic. Since that day, Siddhant Karnick and Drashti Dhami have become close friends.
- Siddhant Karnick has spoken at various TEDx conferences.
- Karnick’s passion for sports shines through as he actively engages as a sports enthusiast. In 2022, he participated in a badminton competition, which was held in Mumbai. Karnick’s team won the competition.