Mausumi Das (Chatterjee) is an Indian model and designer. She is the winner of ‘Mrs Bharat Icon Congeniality’ 2018, and ‘Mrs Bharat Icon Style Diva’ 2019 at Bharat Icon Beauty Pageant.
Mausumi Chatterjee was born on Thursday, 18 December 1980 (age 39 years; as in 2020), in Kolkata (West Bengal). Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She did her schooling from Bethune Collegiate School, and later, attended Bethune College in Kolkata. She did her post-graduation in Mathematics from the Calcutta University.
Height (approx): 5’ 6”
Weight (approx): 48 kg
Figure Measurement (approx): 33-24-35
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown (She dyed her hair to ombre colour with blonde highlights)
Family, Caste & Husband
She was born into an orthodox Hindu Brahmin Family. Her father Jyotirindra Chatterjee is a retired General Manager from the Ministry of Defence, and her mother is a homemaker. She has only one sister, Madhumita Roy (Chatterjee), who is married to Doctor Bhaskar Roy and blessed with two kids.
Mausumi got married to Sibasis Das and the couple has a daughter Jasmine Das.
Her open-minded husband encouraged her to live her dream. After becoming a mother, she started her study again, she completed a designing course from INIFD Bangalore and became a fashion designer. She never took training to establish herself as a model.
Her family and friends encouraged her to participate in a beauty pageant. She won the titles of Mrs Bharat Icon Congeniality 2018 and Mrs Bharat Icon Style Diva 2019 at Bharat Icon Beauty Pageant. She has done many brand connective modelling and several photoshoots for renowned brands.
She has appeared as a model for brands like Green trends Unisex Hair Style Saloon, Raj jewellers, G. K. Vail (photo studio), Designer Jagrruti Official, Designer Sanjana Jon, Designer Jesalvora Official, and Designer Tinna Ranka.
She is also doing an online paid partnership with the popular brands like Shein, Urbanic Official, Malabar Gold & Diamonds, Bright Sweem Wear (Santa Monica), London Style (UK), Fairtrade Lingerie & Swimwear (NYC), Puma, and Dior.
According to her, after her marriage, she faced a rough phase in her life, her parents-in-law used to torture her and provoked her husband to divorce her. When they failed they deprive her son of his birthright. With the torture of her parents-in-law once she tried to attempt suicide.
- Mrs Bharat Icon Congeniality (2018)
- Bharat Icon Style Diva (2019)
- Her inspiring life story was broadcasted by Kanlish media as ‘Kanlish Inspire.’
- Kanlish media nominated her as Kanlish inspiration.
- Cuisines: Indian, Thai, and Italian
- TV Show(s): Mr Bean (1990), Kaun Banega Crorepati (2000), American Idol (2002), Koffee With Karan (2004), and The Big Bang Theory (2007)
- Film(s): Pather Panchali (1955), Mrs Doubtfire (1993), Baby’s Day Out (1994), Titanic (1997) Life of Pi (2012), and Mission Mangal (2019)
- Book(s): ‘Girl, Woman, Other’ by Bernadine Evaristo and ‘Brida’ by Paulo Coelho
- Actor(s): Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Rowan Atkinson
- Travelling Destination(s): UK, London, Europe, France, Italy, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Macau, Mauritius, and Maldives
- Attire(s): Western Wear and Saree
- Fashion Brand(s): Zara, Chanel, Gucci, and Prada
- Perfume(s): Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel and Poison by Dior
- Singer(s): A. R. Rahman, Kishore Kumar, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes, and Taylor Swift
- Beverages: Moroccan mint, Darjeeling tea, Nilgiri filter coffee, and Red wine
- Sports: Tennis, Cricket, and Wrestling
- Sports Team(s): Indian Cricket Team and Kolkata Night Rider
- Sports Brand: Nike
- Designer: Sabyasachi Mukherjee
- She is from an extremely orthodox Hindu Brahmin family. In an interview, she said,
My parents never thought of my future or career would ever be grown except the traditional Indian rule, ‘Marriage is a must’ whatever the qualities may a girl has.’ They never think anything out of the box”. My wishes and dreams are always lying beneath my closed eyes. After getting married, I was bestowed with typical dominant and malevolent parents-in-law, they never support me to upgrade my career rather humiliation along with an unfair judgement. Actually they are also against women’s education. I was about to go mad with the terrific mental torture of my parents-in-law, but the husband was supportive, so I can upgrade myself and reach up to this level.”
- After marriage, she faced hardship & harassment from her parents-in-law. The couple shifted to Ahmedabad to run away from the trouble and to avoid any mishap.
- She was almost 90 Kg after her pregnancy, she thought of killing herself. She could not attend any function or party and was humiliated for her weight, but her determination and strong desire helped her to become a model.
- She believes that,
EXERCISE is the celebration of what your body can do, not a punishment for what you eat.”
Don’t compare yourself with others, compare yourself what you have yesterday.”
You get what you work for, not what you wish for.”
Pertinence & Perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear & obstacles vanish.”
- Her every day’s diet and workout routine give her a metamorphic look. She is an optimistic person and believes in Karma as well.
- She avoids smoking and drinking alcohol as far as possible.