Pia Bajpiee is an Indian actress and model, who has not only worked in Bollywood but also in the Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam film industries. She gained popularity after she appeared in the 2010 Tamil film Goa. She has also worked with Amitabh Bachchan and M. S. Dhoni for TV commercials.
Pia Bajpiee was born on Wednesday, 22 December 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Etawah, Uttar Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. At the age of 15, she went to Delhi to pursue a diploma in computer science. In Delhi, to make ends meet, she initially worked as a tutor and a receptionist; however, she quit her job and moved to Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 52 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 32-26-32
Parents & Siblings
Both her parents are government employees. Pia has two elder sisters, Archana and Shalini, who are both married. She had a brother, Vikas Bajpiee, who passed away due to Covid-19 complications. The Indian Express
She is unmarried.
She then got the opportunity to work as a dubbing artist for TV serials; however, she later found the job depressing and appeared as a model in print advertisements and TV commercials. Pia worked with Amitabh Bachchan for a Cadbury advertisement, and with M. S. Dhoni for Sonata.
In 2008, she made her Tamil debut with the film Poi Solla Porom in which she played the role of Amritha.
Later, she appeared in several Tamil films including Aegan (2008), Goa (2010), Bale Pandiya (2010), Ko (2011), Sattam Oru Iruttarai (2012), and Abhiyum Anuvum (2018).
In 2009, she made her Telugu debut with the film Ninnu Kalisaka in which she played the role of Bindu.
Later, she appeared in several Telugu films including Backbench Student (2013) and Dalam (2013).
In 2012, she made her Malayalam debut with the film Masters in which she played the role of Daksha.
Later, she appeared in several Malayalam films including Aamayum Muyalum (2014) and Abhiyude Kadha Anuvinteyum (2018).
In 2014, she made her Bollywood debut with the film Mumbai Delhi Mumbai in which she played the role of Pia.
However, in an interview, she said that she made her Bollywood debut with the film Laal Rang (2016), starring Randeep Hooda. YouTube – Movie Talkies Later, Pia appeared in several Bollywood films including The Virgins (2016) and Mirza Juuliet (2017). In 2023, she played the role of Ankita Chauhan in a thriller film titled Lost, starring Yami Gautam.
- Pia’s favourite comic characters are Raman, Pinky, Chacha Chaudhary, Sabu, Bankelal, and Havaldar Bahadur.
- According to Pia, her participation in cultural activities while she was studying in school is what motivated her to get into the acting field.
- According to Pia, her father was against her decision to move to Delhi. In an interview, while talking about this, she said,
I first moved to Delhi not because I wanted to become an actress but because I didn’t want to stay in a small town. My father didn’t want me to leave because he was worried about how I would survive.”
- Since things were not working out for Pia in Delhi, she moved to Mumbai by lying to her parents. She told them that she got a role in a TV series and that the management would be taking care of her lodging. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
My father was unrelenting. He would say, ‘If you dare to go to Mumbai, I’ll get you married in the village.’ My mother, on the other hand, would watch all the TV soaps. So I told her that I got a role in one of those serials and they were also taking care of my stay.”
- After moving to Mumbai, she began skipping meals to save some money to buy bus tickets to visit production houses as she faced a financial crunch.
- In an interview, she revealed that during her teenage years, she used to ride his father’s jeep in Etawah and even beat up boys.
- While giving an interview in 2014, Pia said that she read about 13 scripts before making her Bollywood debut as she did not want to debut in a “usual Bollywood flick.”
- In 2015, she shared the screen with the popular web series actor Miguel Herrán for an advertisement for the popular Gaana app. In an interview, Pia talked about this advertisement shot in Spain and said that the Indian actor who was previously finalised for the shoot could not get his visa. Hence, the management contacted Miguel Herran, a local actor. She further added,
Miguel Herran was a newbie too and it became extremely difficult for us to communicate with each other, especially during the intimate scenes. We used google translate and a local person who could translate English to Spanish.”
- In an interview, she said that when she was working as a dubbing artist, she used to receive Rs. 300 to dub one line.
- In an interview, Pia once revealed that one day she fell asleep while tutoring students and got caught while taking a nap by one of the parents, who fired her the following day.
- Pia has been featured on the covers of many magazines. In 2022, she was featured on the cover of AADAR Cover Magazine.
- In an interview, Pia revealed that she never consumed any alcoholic beverage; however, she once consumed an alcoholic beverage for one of the scenes in the film Laal Rang (2016). YouTube – Movie Talkies
- In an interview, Pia once talked about an incident where she encountered a ghost in a hotel room in Langkawi, and said,
On the last day of the shoot at Langkawi, we thought we’d have a party. Half the team working on Goa was at the hotel I returned to my room and lay down with all the lights switched on. After a couple of minutes, I began feeling cold and thought I’d cover myself with a blanket. I tried to reach for the blanket but couldn’t move. I could see everything and my mind was working but I couldn’t move any part of my body! Then, suddenly, for a couple of seconds, the blanket was on me. However, for the next few seconds, it disappeared. All this while, I couldn’t move a limb. It was at this time that my phone started ringing. I tried to pick it up but I couldn’t move. I began to feel suffocated. I began praying to God. After a point, I could actually see my soul. I saw it turn around and I also saw the spirit of a woman holding my arm. I wasn’t able to scream or do anything. This continued for almost 45 minutes. Then all of a sudden, I could move and managed to get up. The time then was 1.45 in the morning. I simply sat down and waited for dawn to break. At 5.30, somebody knocked on my door. I ran and opened it.”