Alma Hussein is an Indian actress and former model, who mainly works in Hindi TV serials. She is known for playing the role of Dr. Sia Advani on Sony Entertainment Television’s Dhadkan Zindaggi Kii (2021).
Alma Hussein was born on Sunday, 28 September 2003 (age 19 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
In 2020, she pursued her class 12 with arts at a school in Mumbai. In her school days, physiology was her favourite subject. YouTube – BEING QUEEN
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Alma Hussein belongs to a Muslim family. Instagram – Alma Hussein
Parents & Siblings
Alma Hussein’s father’s name is Raj Hussein, and her mother’s name is Shamim Hussein. She is the only child of her parents.
Alma Hussein started her career as a model. Alma had a huge fan following on TikTok before it got banned in India in June 2020. In September 2020, she appeared in the promotional video of the short-video sharing platform Zee5’s Hipi.
A year later, she appeared in a TV commercial for Dabur Gulabari Premium rose water. In the same year, she made her television debut with the Hindi TV serial Dhadkan Zindaggi Kii in which she played the role of Dr. Sia Advani, Abhay and Wasim’s ex-girlfriend.
In May 2022, she entered Star Plus’ family drama serial Anupamaa as Sara Kapadia, the daughter of Barkha Kapadia and Ankush Kapadia and the love interest of Samar Shah (played by Paras Kalnawat). Alma made an exit from the show after a short stint.
In 2023, she bagged a prominent role in Sony Entertainment Television’s Chhalaang…Sapno Ki. Alma owns a YouTube channel named BEING QUEEN on which she uploads her travel vlogs, funny videos, prank videos, and skincare routines. Created on May 2020, the channel has more than 14k followers.
Alma Hussein has promoted several brands on her Instagram account including Pulp, Himalaya, Divinectar, and FeelTwenty.
She also owns a clothing store named BEING QUEEN. She has been featured in the music video of the Hindi song Rabba Rabba by Vivian Richard and Gul Saxena.
She has also walked the ramp at Lakmé Fashion Week 2023.
- Colour: Yellow
- Attire: Saree
- Travel Destination: Paris
- Alma Hussein loves travelling, listening to music, and doing adventure sports.
- She is very active on social media and enjoys a huge fan following on Instagram.
- In an interview, Alma revealed that she weighed 80 kgs at the age of 15 and was often bullied for the same by her classmates in school. She then worked hard to shed the extra kilos.
- According to her, she did not have to struggle much to get work in the Hindi TV industry; she was selected for a TV serial in her very first audition.
- According to a social media post by Alma, she has been teaching destitute children since 2019.
View this post on Instagram
- In an interview, when asked about the reason for her sudden exit from the serial Anupamaa, Alma replied that she quit the show due to less screen time of her character.
- Hussein is often spotted wearing a golden neckpiece in many of her pictures and videos.
- In an interview, Alma revealed that she was very excited for the first day of the shoot of her debut TV serial. However, she was dismayed to know that her board exam was falling on the first day of the shoot. Talking about it, she said,
All my excitement for the first day of shoot for my show was met with a huge disappointment when I got to know that my board exam will be falling on my first day of shoot..I got extremely paranoid but the entire team of the show was on my side..they said they will shift my entire schedule according to my board exams.. this itself gave me a huge relief and I was bang on ready for it..and then the unexpected happened.. the boards got canceled!..*laughs*.. all the chaos came to an end and we could readily shoot.”
|↑1||YouTube – BEING QUEEN|
|↑2||Instagram – Alma Hussein|