Ineya is a South Indian actress and a model. She is usually seen in many Malayalam and Tamil movies. Her real name is Shruti Sawant The Times of India and her stage name is Ineya. Ineya- Facebook She is famous for winning many awards for the movie ‘Vaagai Sooda Vaa.’
Ineya was born on Monday, 21 January 1991 (age 30 years; as of 2021) in Trivandrum, Kerala. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She has done her primary schooling at Amritha Vidyalaya, Kerala and higher studies at Fort Girls Mission High School and Manakkad Karthika Thirunnal High School, Kerala. She has done Bachelor of Business Administration. Ineya changed her name from Shruti Sawant and talking about that in an interview she said,
The name Ineya brought about a big change in my life. Be it my career or other things, there has been a lot of positivity after changing my name.”
Ineya started working as a child artist when she was in class four.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 59 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 32-25-35
Parents & Siblings
Ineya`s father`s name is Salahuddin. S and her mother`s name is Savithri. She has one brother named Sravan and a sister named Swathi who is an actress.
In 2005, after winning the crown of Miss Trivandrum, Ineya`s career in films started. She made her debut with the movie ‘Saira’ in 2005. She was seen in the movies Dalamarmarangal (2009) and Umma (2011). In 2009, Ineya also appeared in a short movie named ‘The Sacred Face’ that was directed by Rajesh Touchriver. The story of the movie was based on the issue of child abuse.
Her first Tamil film was ‘Padagasalai’ in the year 2010. In 2011, her film ‘Vaagai Sooda Vaa’ won the Tamil Nadu State Film Awards. She was the lead actress in the movie.
‘Ninaithathu Yaaro,’ ‘Kathai Thiraikathai Vasanam Iyakkam,’ ‘Oru Oorla Rendu Raja,’ ‘Oru Oorla Rendu Raja (Malayalam)’ are some of the movies in which Ineya gave special appearances in 2014. In 2016, she played the role of Sophie in the women-centric film ‘Girls’.
In 2017, Ineya was signed for the movie ‘Aakasha Mittayee’ and the actress Varalaxmi Sarathkumar was replaced as she was not fine with the schedule of the team.
Ineya`s first thriller movie was ‘Masani’ in the year 2013, and her second thriller was ‘Pottu’ in 2017.
In 2019, she did the movie ‘Mamangam’.
She was also seen in a music video ‘Mia’ that was sung by her friend Sayonara Philip.
She was last sighted in the Kannada movie ‘Drona.’
Currently, she is filming for the movies ‘Coffee’ and ‘Colors’.
Ineya debuted as a child artist in Koottilekku. Initially, she was seen in T.V serials ‘Orma’ and ‘Sree Guruvayoorappan.’ In 2014, she judged the Malayalam reality show ‘Let’s Dance: Season 2’.
In 2017, she appeared as a guest on the comedy show ‘Comedy Super Nite 2’ along with actress Usha to promote her film ‘Akasha Mittayi.’ In 2019, she was seen in the commercial for ‘Flubbers- Instant Coffee Mix’. She was featured on the cover of Galatta Magazine in 2019.
In 2020, she was the judge of a Malayalam reality show, ‘Surya Jodi No.1.’
- In 2015, Ineya had accused photographer Sarith C Varma of giving Ineya`s photographs to a magazine and got them published without her permission. She claimed that Sarith had taken money from the publication for giving her photographs to them. Sarith did not agree to the allegations and stated that the photographs clicked during the shoot were kept in a pen drive. There were edited as well as unedited pictures of Ineya. He had given the pen drive to the publication and had asked them not to publish the unedited pictures but they published them. Ineya had posted about the controversy on Facebook as well. The Times of India
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- She won the Edison Award for Best Debut Actress for the movie Vaagai Sooda Vaa. (2011)
- She won the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actress for the movie Vaagai Sooda Vaa. (2011)
- She was nominated for Vijay Award for Best Debut Actress for the movie Vaagai Sooda Vaa. (2011)
- She was nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Actress (Tamil) for the movie Vaagai Sooda Vaa. (2011)
- She won the Tamil Nadu State Film Awards for Best Actress for the movie Vaagai Sooda Vaa. (2011)
- Ineya likes reading books, dancing and listening to music.
- Her favourite dish is Omelette.
- In an interview, Ineya talked about her experience in the movie ‘Girls’ and said that she got more attention in Tamil films than in Malayalam films.
- On replacing actress Varalaxmi in the movie ‘Aakasha Mittayee’, Ineya said,
I am not aware of what prompted Varalaxmi to call it quits. That said, I am quite comfortable with the team here, and the conviction that I could convincingly carry off the role of a mature mother, made them zero in on me. There is a lot of scope for performance.”
- Ineya went on a diet for the movie ‘Mamangam.’ During the shoots, she used to read the dialogues without the help of a teleprompter and in Malayalam. She was not aware of the meaning of some words and she kept asking people on the set about the meaning and usage of the words. She was very excited about the movie. In an interview in 2019, she shared her excitement and said,
I play the character of Unnineeli, who would remind one of Shankuntala. I have a few combination scenes with Mammukka but I am not the female lead. But it’s an equally important role. I had to do a lot of lasya expressions as Unnineeli is an enchanting character.”
- In 2020, Ineya won ‘Prem Nazeer Foundation Awards’ for her performance in the movie.
- Her music video ‘Mia’ received a lot of attention from the audience. In the video, Ineya is seen showing some of her dance moves. One of the films had asked for the song to be used in their movie. Ineya had said in an interview that the money earned by the song would be used for cancer patients.
- During the coronavirus pandemic, she shared a video on Instagram to make people aware of social distancing and requested them to stay home.