Inder Sahani is a well-known comic in the Indian stand-up comedy circuit. He co-founded Chai-Matthi Tales, a Delhi-based comedy collective in 2017.
Inder Sahani was born on Friday, 27 October 1995 (age 26 years; as of 2020). He relocated to Delhi in 5th standard and finished his schooling at D.A.V. Public School in Delhi. Inder pursued a Bachelor of Commerce with Honours at P.G.D.A.V College, University of Delhi from 2013 to 2016. LinkedIn
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Rajesh Sahani, and his mother’s name is Reema Sahani. He has two elder siblings, Karan Sahani and Sonia Sahani.
Inder Sahani resides in Bharat Nagar, Ashok Vihar, Phase-4 in Delhi.
As a Comedian
Inder actively participated in theatre during his school days. His good comic timing often earned him comedy roles in school plays.
Sahani learned about the genre of stand-up comedy from one of his drama teachers in the 12th standard. After completing his graduation, he began his stand-up comedy career at the age of 21. His first open mic was at Akshara Theatre in New Delhi. In an interview, Inder revealed that he terribly failed at his first four open mics. It took him 16 months to prepare his first comedy set, which was titled ‘Mote Log, Keede & Horny Autowalas.’ He shared the video of this set on the YouTube channel Chai-Matthi Tales. As of 2021, the video has been viewed more than 5 million times.
Inder, along with two there struggling stand-up comedians Ravi Khurana and Gourav Mahna, founded the comedy company Chai-Matthi Tales in 2017. The collective does stand-up comedy shows, makes parody videos, YouTube sketches, and web series. There is a YouTube channel titles Chai-Matthi Tales where all three comedians upload their stand-up comedy videos.
- Food: Butter Chicken
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Actress: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Film(s): Bhagam Bhag, Hera Pheri
- Journalist: Anjana Om Kashyap
- Comedians like Raju Srivastav Raju Srivastav, Sunil Pal, and Kapil Sharma inspired him to pursue stand-up comedy. According to him, in school, Inder was popular for his impression of Inspector Shamsher Singh, a character often played by Kapil Sharma.
- In an interview, when he was asked what he would do if he became the Prime Minister for one day, he said,
Sabse pehla kaam main karunga ki main education sudhargunga is country ki aur main shuruwat unse karunga jin hone muje di this. Main education ministry ko seedha karunga is desh ki.
- According to Inder, he has always struggled with his weight, as he could never maintain his diet. When the country was in lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the comedian underwent a physical transformation with the help of a strict diet and regular exercise. In an interview, he revealed that he went on for months without cheating on his diet plan.
- Post the COVID-19 lockdown, Sahani won the title of “Sabse Funny Kaun?,” a stand-up comedy show released on Flipkart Video on 28th September 2020. The host of the show was actor and comedian Varun Sharma.
- In 2021, Inder fulfilled his life long dream of doing an all India comedy tour with his comedy special “Ab Hai Apki Baari.”
- In an interview, while advising the novice stand-up comics, he said,
My advice in every such session I have been in the last four months has been same that just keep writing and keep trying. Zakir khan ki ek statement hai ki koi bhi esa passion nahi hai jo job ke saath carry na kara ja sake because if u are not serious about it aur aap keh rahe ho ki aapko us passion ke liye time nahi mil pa raha so then wo aapka passion nahi hai.”