Anjana Om Kashyap is an Indian journalist and anchor. She is executive editor of the Indian news channel Aaj Tak and is known for her shows “Halla Bol” and “Special Report on Aaj Tak.”
Anjana Om Kashyap was born on 12 June 1975 (age 43 years; as in 2018) in Rachi, the capital city of Jharkhand, India. Her Zodiac sign is Gemini. She did her schooling from Loreto Convent School, Ranchi. She did honours in Botany from Delhi University and masters in social works from Delhi School of Social Works. She then did a diploma course in Journalism from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
Height: 5′ 4″
Weight: 60 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Anjana Om Kashyap was born to the Ex-Defence Officer Late Dr Om Prakash Tiwari. She is married to Mangesh Kashyap who is CVO of South Delhi Municipal Corporation.
She has a son and a daughter.
She started her journalism career with Doordarshan’s show “Ankhon Dekhi” in 2003. She has worked in famous TV news channels. She worked with Zee News for five years and then moved to News 24 in 2007. She also worked for Star News before joining Aaj Tak. She has hosted famous TV shows like “Badi Behas” and “Do Took.” She also hosts election debate shows “Rajtilak” and “Dilli Ke Dil Mein Kya Hai” on Aaj Tak.
- When there was an ongoing controversy about the movie Padmaavat (2018), Anjana was having a debate with Rohit Sardana, when she gave an illogical statement that present-day female descendent of Rani Padmavati, themselves speak in English and have a modern lifestyle, so they hardly had any moral right to give a portrayal of Rani Padmavati in the film. However, Anjana Om Kashyap faced a huge backlash from the people for her illogical talks.
- Aaj Tak immediately faced backlash after a journalist Ashok Singhal asked a sexist question to Smriti Irani, an Indian Politician, who was addressing a speech in Delhi University. He asked that she was made the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi Human Resource and Development Minister at such a young age and there was even an issue over her degree, was she a graduate or not. What was the reason for her being appointed as HRD minister by him? Smriti Irani considered it as a sexist question. Anjana Om Kashyap was being criticised for being a mute spectator to the comment. The twitter stormed with a trending #ShameOnAajTak and Anjana Om Kashyap facing criticism.
- Best Reporter of the year in National Television Awards
- Awarded for Best Anchor by ITA in 2014
- Awarded for Best Anchor by ENBA Awards in 2015
- Awarded for Best Anchor by IMWA Awards in 2015
- Awarded India Today Chairman’s Excellence Award
- Awarded For Excellence in Journalism by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Movie Genre: Romedy
- Anjana Om Kashyap is born to Bihari Ethnicity.
- She is also known by the name AOK.
- She loves to watch movies.
- She has done acting in the movie Sultan (2016) and Tiger Zinda Hai (2017).