Varun Sharma is an Indian actor and comedian. He came into the limelight with his portrayal of the role of “Chucha” in his debut film “Fukrey.” Since then, there has been no looking back for Varun. He has worked in many films and television commercials.
Varun Sharma was born on 4 February 1990 (29 years old; age in 2019) in Jalandhar, India. He came into the limelight with the movie “Fukrey” which released in 2013. He has also been seen in TV commercials for various popular brands. Varun went to Sanawar’s The Lawrence School for his initial education. He completed his senior secondary from The Apeejay School, Jalandhar.
- Height (approx): 5′ 10″
- Weight (approx): 80 kg
- Eye Colour: Black
- Hair Colour: Black
- Body Measurements (approx): Chest: 42”, Waist 36”, Biceps 13”
Varun Sharma was born in the city of Jalandhar in Punjab in a Brahmin Family. He is very close to his mother; his mother was the Head of Department for Fine Arts, Kanya Maha Vidyalaya College, Jalandhar. His father passed away in 2005 because of kidney failure. He has a younger sister, Nilima Sharma.
As of 2019, he was unmarried
Varun Sharma obtained his bachelor’s degree in Media, Entertainment and Film Technology from Institute of Technology and Future Trends (ITFT), Chandigarh. He made his debut in Bollywood with the 2013 release “Fukrey.” His performance in the film landed him the nomination for the Filmfare Award For Best Male Debut.
In 2014, Varun acted in the Punjabi movie ” Yaaran Da Katchup.”
Before he made his Bollywood debut, Varun Sharma acted in TV commercials. Between 2013 and 2015, Varun acted in a number of films “Rabba Main Kya Karoon,” “Warning,” “Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon,” etc.
In 2015, Varun Sharma appeared in the film “Dilwale,” one of Indian cinema’s top-grossing productions.
He also acted in the sequel of Fukrey, “Fukrey Returns,” which released in 2017.
He assisted the casting director Nandini Shrikent for films like “Talaash” and “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.”
In 2018, he acted in “Fry Day” and in 2017, he played the role of “Onida Singh” in the movie “Arjun Patiala,” which also starred Diljit Dosanjh and Kriti Sanon.
Varun was also a part of HistoryTV18’s show “Ice Road Truckers.”
- Actors: Shah Rukh Khan, Diljit Dosanjh
- Actress: Shraddha Kapoor
- Comedian: Zakir Khan
- Food: Suji wale golgappe
- Film: Baazigar (1993)
- Shows: Survivor, The Amazing Race
- Cricketer: Virat Kohli
- Destination: Budapest
- Varun follows a vegetarian diet and sleeps on the floor on a mattress. Before going to sleep, he is in a habit of talking to his pillow.
- He has never eaten a mongo in his life.
- In an interview, he said that he was around seven years old when he watched “Baazigar” and heard “Ye Kaali Kaali Aankhen” and told his mother that he wanted to be an actor.
- Contrary to the comic and outspoken roles that he often portrays, he is quite shy in real-life.
- Varun is quite good friends with actor Varun Dhawan.
- He would have been a pilot or an aviation professional had he not been an actor.
- He started acting when he was still in school. Varun Sharma has done serious theatre roleswhen he was in college and used to perform theatre at the state and national level. He used to do serious theatre roles in college.
- Varun Sharma won the 2013 Star Guild Awards and 2013 Zee Cine Awards for his role in the film “Fukrey.” He was also chosen as the Best Actor In A Comic Role by Bombay Times.
- When preparing for a role, he visits his character’s native place around 10 days prior to the shoot.
- He would love to share screen space with Salman Khan.
- When he was in school, his mother used to pack ‘aloo ke paranthe’ for lunch, but he liked to eat ‘kulche with cold drink.’ So, Varun used to sell his ‘paranthe’ to a friend for Rs 5 each.