Samaira Sandhu is an Indian film actress, model, author, former beauty queen, and entrepreneur. She is known for her work in the Tamil film Dhayam, Punjabi film Umran Ch Ki Rakheya (2022), and Hindi film Bharateeyans (2023).
Samaira Sandhu was born on 17 September, and she hails from Chandigarh. Her zodiac is Virgo. She was creative and inclined towards performing arts since childhood. She learned classical dance in childhood and was a member of a theatre group as a kid. She even won a gold trophy at a state theatre competition. After completing her Bachelor of Technology, she pursued an MBA in Human Resources. The Tribune She has actively participated in theatre, dance competitions, and sports during her school and college days. Later, she moved to Mumbai to pursue a career in the film industry.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-24.5-36
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about her parents and siblings.
Husband & Children
Her marital status is not known.
Samaira Sandhu began her career in the entertainment industry as a beauty queen, securing titles in various beauty pageants. After completing her formal education, she worked as a software engineer and worked for a multinational company for a while, before starting her career as an actor and model.
As a Model
In 2016, she was featured as a model in the music video of the Punjabi song Sohn Rabb di Main by Jaspinder Narula’s album in MAUT – In Search of Love.
Later, she starred in the music video of the Punjabi songs Mai meri Maa ki (2017) and Pammi Bai’s Heer Saleti (2017). Samaira was the Femina Face of the Fortnight for the December 2016 issue. In 2023, she starred in the music videos of the Hindi songs Laazmi by Javed Ali and Kehange Khalnayak by Babbu Maan.
She has walked the runway for numerous designers and served as the showstopper for brands like Gitanjali Jewelers and Signature Style Season 2. She was also associated with Zaira Diamonds and OML Productions. Samaira participated in the inauguration of Nykaa in Chandigarh, alongside Falguni Nayar, the CEO of Nykaa. She has also represented brands like Headmasters Salon & Spa, Cleopatra, Preeti Sarees, and Leena Mogre Gym.
As an Actor
In 2017, she made her film debut with the Tamil mystery thriller Dhayam in which she played the role of a lover.
In 2021, she played the titular role in the Telugu film Damayanthi. In 2022, she played the role of Pooja- Kanwal’s daughter in the Punjabi film Umran Ch Ki Rakheya. She played the lead role of a girl named Punjabi in the Hindi action film Bharateeyans (2023).
In 2023, she appeared in the action crime thriller web series Inspector Avinash in which she played the role of a journalist, sharing the screen with Randeep Hooda. Samaira also assisted series writer and director Neeraj Pathak to learn the technicalities of filmmaking in detail. She has also appeared in the Hindi short film Aaliya. Other acting credits under her belt include the music web series called Bolo Maa.
In 2022, she made an appearance in the Hindi celebrity talk show Waah Kya Baat Hai. She is the founder and owner of the clothing brand S By SAMAIRA.
- Food: Grilled Fish
- Book: The Secret by Byrne Rhonda
- Samaira actively participates in various social initiatives and has served as the brand ambassador for two non-governmental organizations: “Chandigarh Round Table (CRT)” and “Handicapped Children and Women Association (HCWA).”
- For the success of Yoga Utsav-2022, a yoga session was held at the Government College of Yoga Education and Health (GCYEH), Sector 23-A Chandigarh. On this occasion, Sandhu, who is associated with the Fit India campaign, did yoga with the college students.
- In 2015, she wrote a book called Heaven in a Hell in which she tells a fictional story about a determined young woman, who, due to drug addiction, loses her aspirations. The book chronicles her subsequent journey at a rehabilitation centre. The book was published by Becomeshakespeare.com in 2016. It was the best-selling book on Amazon.
- She was honoured by a private company on the eve of Baisakhi in Chandigarh. At the event, she revealed that she was writing another book with a strong female lead like her previous book, Heaven in a Hell. Talking about her books, in an interview, she said,
I am a feminist and I can relate to women and the trials and tribulations they go through. That, probably, is the reason why my protagonists are women.”
- In 2023, she was nominated as Brand Ambassador of the Nasha Mukt Bharat Campaign (anti-drug campaign) of UT Chandigarh. Sandhu’s nomination as Brand Ambassador was announced by Dharam Pal, Adviser to the Administrator, in the presence of Nitika Pawar, secretary of Social Welfare.