Indeep Bakshi is a well-known Indian singer. He got immense popularity with the songs, like ‘Saturday Saturday’ from ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ (2014) and ‘Kala Chashma’ from ‘Baar Baar Dekho’ (2016).
Indeep Bakshi was born on Wednesday, 23 May 1990 (age 29 years; as in 2019), in Delhi. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He did his graduation in architecture. YouTube Later, he joined Berklee College of Music, Boston, Massachusetts in the United States. News X
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Girlfriend & Caste
He was born into a Sikh family. His parents and elder brother lives in Delhi. There is not much information about his personal life.
After completing his graduation in architecture, he started working as an architect in DLF, a real estate company in Delhi. Later, he started his own construction company, ‘Bakshi Builders.’ In 2012, he collaborated with the Indian rapper, Badshah and released ‘Saturday Saturday’ song.
Reportedly, he saved money to release his first solo album, ‘Billionaire’ in 2013.
In 2014, the Bollywood version of his Punjabi song, ‘Saturday Saturday’ was used in the film, ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania.’
After, the massive success of this song he took a break of two years to learn music production. In 2016, his rap in the Bollywood song ‘Kala Chashma’ from the film, ‘Baar Baar Dekho’ was a chartbuster. This song was a new version of the superhit Punjabi song, “Tenu Kala Chasma Jachda Hai.”
Later, he released many other songs, including Madam Ji (2013), 36 Aayengi 36 Jayengi (2015), Tere Liye from Dilliwaali Zaalim Girlfriend (2015), Bad Wali Feeling (2016), and Nakhra (2019).
In 2018, he appeared as a mentor in the MTV’s show, ‘Date to Remember,’ along with Manu Punjabi and Divya Agarwal.
He appeared in the Colors TV show, ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karoge’ in 2020. He was seen competing with other male contestants to impress the Bigg Boss 13 contestant, Shehnaz Gill.
- He was criticised by his Sikh fans for holding a glass of alcohol in his hand and dancing with girls while wearing a turban in a music video. So, he opted for a beanie cap rather than wearing a turban in his music videos. In an interview, he said,
It so happened that while shooting for a song, a glass of alcohol accidentally fell on my kada and turban. The turban is a matter of great pride for me and I don’t want to disrespect it, so I began sporting a beanie.” Times of India
- In 2017, he was brutally trolled for stealing the lyrics of one of the songs of the Indian rapper, Badshah and using it in his song ‘Burberry Checks.’ At the same time, there were rumours that Indeep had died in an accident. In an interview, he clarified all the rumours, he said,
The rap part of Kala Chashma was written by me. I, then, went up to the music company and gave them all the proof that the song was mine and they gave me the due credit. I fought for it because it was my song. I challenge anyone who claims that I lifted Badshah’s song to prove it. It is amazing that an artiste never writes before his fans or puts out his work for public viewing before it is properly released and so, how come these trollers are suggesting that Badshah wrote this song? Main toh kisi ko nahi bolta ki yaar main yeh gaana likh raha hoon, dhyaan rakhna, koi chori kar le. These are fake fan pages and they are running sponsored ads on them. Badshah is like my brother. I will continue to respect him. But professionally, the relationship is almost over. A video that was circulating was so well edited that even I was surprised. Even news channels picked it up. I had to tell everyone that I am very much alive. My shows started getting cancelled because apparently I was dead.” Asian Age
- In an interview, he said that he had written the lyrics of ‘Saturday Saturday’ when he was in 12th class.
- He was trained in music under his guru, Ankit Tripathi.
- His hobbies include playing casino games, gymming, and travelling.
- He has got many tattoos inked on his body.
- As per Indeep’s interview, the white Hummer Jeep used in the original song ‘Saturday Saturday’ (2012) was his own jeep.
- Reportedly, Karan Johar heard Indeep’s song ‘Saturday Saturday’ at Shah Rukh Khan‘s eid party and decided to use this song in his film, ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ (2012).
- He owns a BMW car.
- He is an animal lover and owns a pet dog.
- Reportedly, after reading one of the negative comments on his body weight, he decided to completely transform himself, and he worked out in the gym for hours to get back in the shape.