Gurinder Kaur Kainth aka Miss Pooja is a Punjabi singer, model, and actress. She is one of the largest selling female bhangra artists in India and abroad.
Miss Pooja was born on 4 December 1980 (age 38 years; as in 2018) in Rajpura, Punjab. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
She did her schooling from Rajpura and went to Punjabi University, Patiala to pursue her B.A. in Vocal & Instrumental skills. Later, she completed her M.A. in Music and then B.Ed in Music. She was inclined towards music from a very young age. Pooja started taking music lessons at the age of 5. She was also good at acting and often participated in fancy dress and acting competitions in her school days. Her father encouraged her to pursue music as her career. Pooja worked as a music teacher in Patel Public School Rajpura for two years before venturing into the Punjabi music Industry.
Height: 5’ 1”
Weight: 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 34-26-34
Family, Caste & Husband
Miss Pooja belongs to a Sikh Family. She is the daughter of Inderpal Kainth and Saroj Devi. Her father is a Sikh and mother is a Hindu. She has a brother, Manpreet Kainth, and sister, Mandeep Kaur Kainth.
Miss Pooja was in a relationship with Gurpreet Singh but the duo parted their ways as Pooja wanted to be in India for her expert music vocation and Gurpreet had to handle his business in Canada.
Miss Pooja is married with the producer, Romi Tahli.
Miss Pooja started her singing career in 2006 “Jaan Ton Piyari.” Next, she sang the song “Pani Hoge Dhunge Johna Launa Chad Dehna” from the album ‘Pind Da Shingar.’ Her third song “Ik Tere Karke” alongside Preet Brar was a huge hit and made her a household name in the Punjabi Music Industry. Subsequently, she came up with Bhangra duets like ‘Seeti Marke’ with Geeta Zaildar and ‘Petrol’ with Preet Brar. In 2009, she launched her debut solo album “Romantic Jatt” of which her song “Do Nain” became so popular. By 2009, Pooja attained international recognition and toured the USA, Canada, Australia and the UK amongst many other countries for her concerts. She received the Best International Act award at the ‘UK Asian Music Awards’ and Best International Album for her Romantic Jatt album. In 2012, she made her singing debut in Bollywood by singing the song “Second Hand Jawani” from the film ‘Cocktail.’
Pooja also tried her hands in acting with films like “Panjaban,” “Channa Sachi Muchi,” “Pooja Kiven Aa,” and “Ishq Garaari.” Some of her popular songs include “Wrong Number,” “Prince N Pooja,” “Sohnea,” “Baari Baari Barsi,” “Jeeju,” “Dimaag Khraab,” and “Pasand.”
Miss Pooja once ran out of the interview when she was asked about her low performance in the films like ‘Panjaban’ and ‘Channa Sachi Muchi.’
- Food: Golgappey, Kadi-Chawal, Puri Chole, Biryani, Butter Chicken
- Singers: Lakhwinder Wadali, Manmohan Waris, Surinder Kaur, Parkash Kaur
- Colours: White, Pink, Red
- Destination: Vancouver
- Song: Lagja Gale
- Sports: Cricket
- Cricketer: Virat Kohli
- She loves dancing, watching movies, and cooking in her leisure time.
- Pooja is often referred to as the “Queen of Duets” as she has sung duet songs with more than 70 male singers.
- She is very fond of bikes.
- Pooja has released more than 350 albums and has recorded more than 3000 songs until 2019.
- She has earned the moniker of Punjabi Princess for her fabulous singing and dance style.
- Pooja was her nickname which she later kept as her screen name.
- She used to receive ₹4500 as a music teacher in Rajpura. Pooja even used to give music and dance tuitions to children and earn ₹200 per student.
- She is an avid animal lover.