Lisa Mishra is an Indo-American singer. She is famous for singing the reprise version of the song ‘Tareefan’ from the Bollywood movie Veere Di Wedding (2018).
Lisa Mishra was born in 1994 (age 25 years; as in 2019), in Berhampur, Orissa (now Odisha). She completed her graduation in Economics and Religion (double-majors) from The Pluralism Project at Harvard University Cambridge in Massachusetts, USA. Elle
Height (approx.): 5’ 6”
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Lisa Mishra was born in Orissa, and at the age of six, Lisa and her family moved to Chicago. Her father, Salil K Mishra is a former employee at the State Bank of India. She has an elder sister, Lorry Mishra, a food blogger.
Lisa started working as a senior market research analyst at Hub Group in Oak Brook, Illinois. She is a self-trained singer and started learning music at the age of four. At the age of 15, she started her training in playing the guitar. She started her own YouTube channel in 2007. Initially, her mother was hesitant to upload Lisa’s videos on a public platform, so, Lisa uploaded audio of her first four songs. Later, she started using a webcam, and then, the Macbook camera to shoot her videos. In 2014, she uploaded her first Hindi cover of the song “Kabira” from Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013).
She worked in the 2016 Grammy Award-winning album Coloring Book. She has also worked with DJ Khaled and Big Sean. In 2018, she collaborated with Jamila Woods and lent her voice for the theme song of the Emmy-nominated web series “Brown Girls.” In 2018, she sang the reprise version of the song “Tareefan” from the movie Veere Di Wedding. In an interview, Lisa shared her story of getting this song, she said,
On 19 May 2018, I put up an Instagram video singing a mashup of the song Tareefan and Let Me Love You. The video caught the attention of Sonam and Rhea Kapoor, and they double-tapped. “I was driving back from work when I saw that Sonam had reposted the video on her page, and suddenly, I was flooded with comments from her dad, Anil Kapoor, and her brother, Harshvardhan Kapoor. Ekta Kapoor reposted the video on her page too. Soon, Rhea sent me a DM on Instagram asking me when was the earliest I could fly to Mumbai.” “It was so surreal for me; I felt like I was living a Cinderella story. It was top secret; none of my friends knew about it till Sonam posted the video.”
Some of her famous songs are Koi Nahi (2019), The Wakhra Song from Judgemental Hai Kya (2019), and Chandigarh Mein from Good Newwz (2019).
- Actress: Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Cuisines: Ethiopian
- Travel Destination(s): Varanasi, England, and New Zealand
- Sport: Tennis
- Song: “The Dress Looks Nice On You” by Sufjan Stevens
- Colour: Black
- She loves to play the guitar.
- Her hobbies include listening to music, hanging out with friends, and travelling.
- She has walked the ramp of the Lakme Fashion Week.
- She has featured in various renowned magazines.
- She is a big fan of Beyonce and Katy Perry.
- She has got a tattoo inked on her right arm.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol.
- She has performed live at various events.
- She appeared on The Kapil Sharma Show along with DJ Chetas, Badshah, Hardy Sandhu, and Tanishk Bagchi.
- She loves to eat non-vegetarian food.