Sanah Moidutty is a popular Indian playback singer, songwriter and YouTuber.
Sanah Moidutty was born on Monday, 1 July 1991 (age 29 years; as in 2020) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Cancer.
She did her schooling from Mary Immaculate Girls’ High School, Mumbai. She started to sing at the age of five and has been trained in Carnatic Classical Music under Sundari Gopalakrishnan for six years, Hindustani Classical Music under Madhuvanti Pethe for seven years, and Western vocals under Samantha Edwards. She has also received training of Hindustani music from Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan Sahab. She has also learned Hindustani Classical Music under Sunil Borgaonkar. She did computer engineering from St Francis Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5’ 4”
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Sanah Moidutty was born into a Malayali family. Deccan Chronicle Her father, Moidutty is a Bank Manager who belongs to Pattambi in Kerela, and her mother, Razia is a homemaker who belongs to Areekode in Kerela.
She has a sister named Sajitha Moidutty.
She performed in her first stage show at the age of 7. Within a year, she became a part of children’s troupe, Bacchon Ki Duniya, and a few other groups. By the time she turned 18, she had done more than 500 shows with troupe and solo.
In 2007, she became first runner up of the show Hindustan Times Voice of Mumbai. While she was still pursuing her graduation, she participated in a talent hunt competition in her college which led her to make her Bollywood debut as a playback singer with the title track of the film “Always Kabhi Kabhi” (2011).
In 2012, she decided to make her own YouTube Channel and uploaded the video of the rendition of the song ‘Manmarziyan,’ followed by ‘O Rangrezz.’
She mostly posts the covers of the songs on her Youtube Channel and has often collaborated with Sanam (band). She has given her voice to the songs like Moto Ghotalo from Gori Tere Pyar Mein (2013), Raghupati Raghav from the Attacks of 26/11 (2013), Tu Hai from Mohenjodaro (2016), Afeemi from Meri Pyari Bindu (2017). She made her Tamil debut in 2016 with the song ‘Mei Nigara’ from the film 24.
She made her Telugu debut with the song ‘Manasuke’ from the film 24 (2016). She made her Malayalam debut with a peppy number in the film Varayan (2020). She has collaborated in various events like Jammin, On TV Show Star Trek on Fox Life, and MTV Unplugged. She has done live shows across the globe both solo and in collaboration with Vishal-Shekhar, Keerthi Sagathia, Sanam (band), and Ash King.
Awards & Achievements
- Awarded Asiavision Movie Award for Singing Sensation of the Year for the song ‘Afeemi’ from the film “Meri Pyaari Bindu” in 2017
- RED FM Malayalam Music Award for Best Female Singer on Digital Platforms in 2019
- Food: Murugan Idli, South Indian Cuisine, Chaat, Paani Puri
- Singer: K. S. Chitra, Sonu Nigam, Beyonce, India Arie, Sia, Michael Jackson
- Musician: A. R. Rahman
- Band: Kailasa
- Book: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Travel Destinations: Chennai, Austria
- She likes reading, travelling, watching funny videos, and clicking photos.
- She likes animals and has a pet cat named Frodo.
- Her mother is a trained Carnatic classical vocalist, and she brought the influence of music in Sanah. Her mother understood Sana’s talent in singing and sent her to singing classes at the age of 5.
- She is a multilingual singer and can sing in many languages including English, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujarati, and Kannada.
- She is a huge fan of A. R. Rahman and her association with Rahman began when she send links of her Youtube videos to Rahman. After listening to her songs, A. R. Rahman appreciated her and contacted her almost after two years to work with him. Talking about her first meeting with him, she said,
I almost goofed up when I first met him in Chennai. He had asked me to sing in different styles and I was extremely nervous. But he was considerate”
- She has also sung for ad films for brands like Eva and Cinthol.