Kuldeep Sharma is a popular Himachali singer. He is well-known as ‘Nati King’ in Himachal Pradesh.
He was born on Friday, 26 August 1977 (age 42 years; as in 2019), in Theog, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Virgo. After 12th standard, he quit his studies.
Family, Caste & Wife
He was born into a Himachali family. His father’s name was Babu Ram Sharma, and his mother’s name was Beggi Devi Sharma, who was a famous local singer. Kuldeep has two younger sisters. He got married to ‘Veena Sharma,’ a resident of Sirmaur District of Himachal Pradesh. They are blessed with a son ‘Swardeep Sharma,’ who aspires to become a famous singer like his father.
Kuldeep got his initial training in singing from his mother, who was a famous local singer. He participated in a school singing competition for the first time when he was in 7th Standard. At the age of 16, he auditioned for AIR Shimla and got selected. He recorded three songs with them and became one of the youngest singers of AIR Shimla. In 1997, he performed in Dharamshala Summer Festival; which was his first stage performance. Later, he released his album, but it was a flop. He remixed the old folk songs and released his another album, this time it was a hit. Later, TM music company of Punjab recognised his talent and called him to record songs with them, they released seven albums with him and all were a massive hit. His first original song was ‘Supne Di mili bolo Ameya tu meriye’ released under the guidance of his mentor and maternal uncle ‘Liaq Ram Rafiq.’ He has also released a few Bhajan albums.
Some of his best Pahadi songs are Rohru jana meri aamiye, Meri Preeti Zinta kindi chali tu, Meri Monika, Dhola Ra dhamaka, Roomatiye, and Pata paani Ra ho meri gaangiye. He has recorded more than 80 audio and video albums including- Himachali Geet Dhamaka (2005), Naati Fever (2016), and Chal Baliye (2016). In 2019, he recorded two songs for the Hindi film- Van Rakshak. He was roped in for the Bollywood film- ‘Yaariyan’ (2020).
Village Tatrog, Tehsil Theog, District Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- Food: Himachali-Cuisines
- Punjabi Singer: Satinder Sartaaj
- He is a follower of Sant Nirankari Mission, and whenever he gets time from his busy schedule, he attends their Satsang.
- He was awarded by ‘Hind Sangram Parishad’ on 6 May 1995, for his performance in singing.
- He has been awarded as the best Pahadi singer for two times, and he has won Pahari Mrinal award and Him Shri Award.
- He has performed at both the national and international levels.
- In an interview, he said that he was addicted to smoking and drinking, but he quit all such bad habits after joining a spiritual organisation.
- He got many tattoos inked on his body.