Mamta Sharma is an Indian playback singer who is known for singing the song Munni Badnaam Hui from the movie Dabangg in 2010.
Mamta Sharma was born on Sunday, 7 September 1980 (age 43 years; as of 2023) in Birla Nagar, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She did her schooling at Saint Paul’s School Morar, Gwalior. She pursued a Bachelor’s in Fine Arts at the Nalanda Academy, Mumbai. The Bollywood Dynasty – YouTube
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Light Blonde
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents. Her brother’s name is Mayanka Sharma Adhlakha.
Mamta got married in 2011 to Ashraf Ali who is a businessman.
Mamta started her singing career in 2008 as a playback singer in the movie ‘Gumnaam: The Mystery.’
She has given her voice to many other Bollywood songs that include Pal Pal Na Maane Tinkujiya (2011), Anarkali Disco Chali (2012), Aa Re Pritam Pyaare (2012), Fevicol Se (2012), and Taang Uthake (2016).
She also sung various Telugu and Kannada songs like Kevvu Keka (2012), Sakkubai Garam Chai (2012), and Hello 1 2 3 Mike Testing (2012).
She featured in various music videos that include Nara E Mastana (2019), Song Change (2019), Yaara 2 (2019), Jo Tera Vo Mera (2021), amd Mera Dil Bhi Kitna Pagal Hai (2021).
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- She has won the Best Playback Singer (Female) at the 17th Annual Star Screen Awards (2011)
- She has won the Best Playback Singer (Female) at the 6th Apsara Film Producers Guild Awards (2011)
- She has won the Best Playback Singer (Female) at the 56th Filmfare Awards (2011)
- She has won the Best Playback singer (Female) at the 12th IIFA Awards, Toronto (2011)
- She has won the Upcoming Female Vocalist of The Year at the Mirchi Music Awards (2010)
- She has won the Apsara Film & producers Guild Awards (2013) for most popular film song on Radio by 93.5 Red FM for “FEVICOL SE” from the Film “Dabangg 2”
- In 2017, she won the first National Award by Journalist Association of India.
- In 2017, she received the Kalakaar Award.
- Food: Chaat
- Actor: Salman Khan
- Singer: Asha Bhosle
- She owns a Range Rover.
- She owns a Chevrolet car.
- She owns a Thar.
- Mamta’s eating habits include eating non-vegetarian food.
- She likes to travel and dance in leisure time.
- When she was in school, she used to perform on stage, and later, she started performing at various family functions.
- According to her, a singing teacher used to come to their home to teach singing to her mother, and he told Mamta’s mother that Mamta was good at singing.
- She started her career by singing at jagrans in their locality. In 2010, she came to Mumbai to complete her graduation, but left it in between and used to spend more time in performing on stage.
- In 2013, in an interview, she revealed that she found singing much easier than acting. She further said,
I must tell you, singing compared to acting it’s very easy because you sit in an air-conditioned room and sing any kind of song — romantic or sad. But when it comes to acting then you might have to shoot that song in the wee hours in extremely cold weather.”
- In 2015, she said that she was typecasted for singing items songs because of which she stopped singing in Hindi films. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
I felt I was getting typecast for almost five to 10 years. Only after that people realised I could sing something different as well. Singers get typecast, too. If your tracks are mellow, you will always keep getting mellow tracks to sing.”
- In 2017, she became a guest on the Kapil Sharma Show along with other singers like Neha Bhasin, and Daler Mehndi.
- Mamta loves to eat and in 2021, when the lockdown restrictions were lifted, she decided to visit Delhi and eat her favorite chaat. In an interview, she talked about it and said,
I missed the famous #DilliKiSardi but am still craving for Dilli ki chaat! That’s one main thing that I have missed in all these months… I am a foodie, so when the flight reopened, I was like ‘Yaar, Dilli chalte hain’. Kyunki chaat in Delhi is the best thing! Dilliwaale toh lucky hain hi, par India mein sabko pata hona chhaiye ki the best chaat is available in Delhi. My favourite is the one we get in Chandni Chowk, and I also go to Paranthe Wali Gali for the paranthas.”
- Mamta said that her mentor was singer Wajid Khan who died in 2020. In an interview, she talked about him and said,
Wajid Bhai had taught me how to live life and how to be a good singer. He had discovered the singer in me better. Also, he has changed me as a person. He has helped me change my thoughts and encouraged me to always be positive. He had taught me to always smile through tough times. He was a guru, a mentor to me.”
- She regularly works out at the gym.
- She is often featured in various newspapers and magazine covers.
- She is often spotted drinking at various events.