AR Paisley is a Canadian rapper and songwriter who has his roots in India. He is among one of the topmost Canadian singers of Indian descent residing in Canada.
AR Paisley aka Amarit Rehal Kiddaan.com was born in 1997 (age 24 years; as of 2021) in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. While he was in class 9, he developed an interest in music and started making rap songs. He then participated in various rap battles. He dropped out of school while he was in class 12 and focused on making music. YouTube In 2004, he started developing an interest in hip-hop music after listening to the songs of the American rappers Ludacris and Kanye West.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
He has one elder brother. There is not much information available about his parents.
After participating in various rap battles, on 6 March 2017, he released his debut single track “Money Talk Freestyle.” In 2018, he released singles like “Lavish,” “Maison Margiela,” “Bada Bing,” and “Paisley.” He then released a few extended plays and music albums including “Screwface” (2019), “Timeless” (2019), and “AR Paisley vs AR Money” (2020).
Some of his singles released in 2019 are “Dreams,” “Elegant,” “Run it Up- Ft. JAY FLACO,” and “Doze Off.”
In 2020, AR released songs such as “Backdoor,” “Gold Soul,” “Rain Dance,” and “Still Grateful.”
He released various singles in 2021 including “23 Freestyle,” “Streets,” “Lemon Pepper Freestyle,” and “Still Around.”
- In 2019, XXL magazine included him in the “The New New: 15 Toronto Rappers You Should Know” list. XXL Magazine
- He was listed in the “Top 21 Canadian Artists to Look Out For in 2021” by Sidedoor Magazine. Sidedoor Magazine
- In 2021, his song “23 Freestyle” was listed in “The 10 Best Canadian Songs of the Month: January 2021” by the “Complex” website. Hip Hop Canada
- He used to play soccer while in his younger days, but in class 9, he stopped playing it as he was not interested in participating in soccer tournaments.
- During an interview, he shared the piece of information that how he developed an interest in rap music. He said,
I just started in high school, but I didn’t really take it seriously – rapping was just something to pass the time. It turned into rap battles around the city, and I started taking it serious in 2017. I dropped out of high school and was going through it; music was an outlet for me. That year, I made my first project, which was about 8-10 songs, and I just went crazy and had fun at the studio. That project got some reception, and that’s when I decided I wanted to really focus on music.”
- AR Paisley loves listening to old music and rap songs.
- He is a dog lover and has a pet dog named Mello Paisley.
- AR has performed live at various stage shows and events.
View this post on Instagram
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol at parties and events.
- AR has got various tattoos inked on his body. First is a tattoo on his left hand, second is a tattoo of a lion face on his left bicep, and a ‘Paisley’ tattoo on his left forearm.
- In an interview, he was asked who has been his inspiration in music. He replied,
I really like listening to old music and old rap. This year, I went back and listened to a lot of Eminem, and I started diving back into “Stan.” I basically listened to all the rap songs that have won Grammy’s because that’s a huge dream of mine – and I realized the songs that win those awards are all storytelling songs. They connect with people on a deeper level, and they actually address real things. There’s a ceiling a lot of rappers hit and they don’t pass it, but the rappers that get past that and win awards have built fan bases because they’re vulnerable and real. “