Momina Mustehsan is a Pakistani songstress, musician, and a songwriter. She came into the spotlight by singing Farhan Saeed’s single “Pee Jaun.” In 2018, she was featured in the Forbes “30 Under 30 Asia” list.
Momina Mustehsan was born on 5 September 1992 (age 26 years; as in 2018) in Islamabad, Pakistan. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
She attended Lahore Grammar School and moved to the U.S.A. for her higher studies. Momina was inclined towards music from an early age. She learnt to play the Violin in her elementary school and was also a part of her school’s choir. She did double graduation in Biochemical Engineering and Applied Mathematics from Stony Brook University, New York. While doing her graduation, she started recording covers in her dorm. Momina even featured on Junoon’s twentieth-anniversary album.
Height: 5’ 5”
Weight: 52 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Momina Mustehsan belongs to a Muslim Family and follows Islam. Her father, Kazim Mustehsan, is a retired Army General and her mother, Huma Mustehsan, is a health care provider. She has an elder brother, Hashim Mustehsan, a doctor and a younger brother, Haider Mustehsan, a musician and former advisor to the Pakistani Mission at the United Nations.
Momina Mustehsan is engaged with Ali Naqvi, a US-based banker in California.
Momina Mustehsan started her singing career in 2012 with Farhan Saeed’s single “Pee Jaun.” She wrote the song herself. Next, she made her debut in Bollywood with the song “Awari” for the film “Ek Villain” (2014). In 2016, she performed a rendition of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s “Afreen Afreen” with Rahat Fateh Ali Khan at the season 9 of the Coke Studio and received a critical appraisal for her performance. The song became one of the most viewed songs of Pakistan, crossing over 100 million views in a short span.
In mid-2018, Mustehsan released her first original single “Aaya Tu Na” which ranked number #5 on YouTube within 24 hours of its release.
In addition to singing, she has also featured in TV commercials like the advertisement for Sprite.
Mustehsan has even featured on the cover of OK! Pakistan Magazine.
- Singers: Justin Bieber, Ricky Martin, Aaron Carter, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
- Music Composer: Amit Trivedi
- Film: Home Alone
- Sport: Basketball, Football
- Football Player: Ronaldinho
- Food: Biryani, Desi Food
- Her hobbies include travelling, watching movies, and swimming.
- Momina is obsessed with cats and often shares her pictures with cats through her social accounts.
- Mustehsan can play a variety of musical instruments including Violin, Guitar, Keyboard, and Drums.
- Despite being raised in New York, Momina loves to wear traditional Pakistani dresses.
- During an interview, Momina revealed that her debut song “Pee Jaun” was made over a Skype session. She said-
Pee Jaun was made through a pricey pal, Saad Sultan, over a Skype session. I added a bridge melody and wrote some strains for the song. Farhan got here on board afterwards.”