Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is a Pakistani Singer. He is the son of Farrukh Fateh Ali Khan and nephew of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. He is primarily known for his Qawwali and Sufi Singing.
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was born on 9 December 1973 (age 45 years; as in 2018) in Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He belongs to a family of classical singers with a 600-year-old heritage. Being brought up in a family with musical background, Rahat developed an interest in music at an early age. At the age of 7, he started taking lessons in music from his uncle, “Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan ” and often accompanied him on his musical tours. Ali gave his first public performance at the age of 9 at the death anniversary of his grandfather, Fateh Ali Khan. By 1985, he was an integral part of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s qawwali group and toured the United Kingdom with his uncle.
Height: 5’ 3½”
Weight: 90 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Wife
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan belongs to a Muslim Family and follows Islam. His father, Farrukh Fateh Ali Khan, was a well-known musician. Not much is known about his mother.
Rahat is married to Nida Khan and has a son named Shazmaan Khan.
The popular Pakistani singer, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, is his uncle.
Rahat started his singing career in 1997, by singing the song “Kisi Roz Milo Hamein Shaam Dhaley” for the Pakistani film ‘Mard Jeenay Nahi Detay.’ He composed and sung a few songs after the death of his uncle, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, in 1997, but those songs could not be released at that time. It was in the year 2002 when Pooja Bhatt went to Pakistan and heard those songs; she decided to keep one of his songs “Mann Ki Lagan” in her film ‘Paap’ which got released in 2003. His song “Zaroori Tha” from the music album ‘Back 2 Love’ was a super hit which crossed 200 million views within three years of its release. Rahat even lent his voice for a track for the Hollywood film ‘Dead Man Walking.’
In 2010, he appeared as a judge in the singing reality show “Chhote Ustaad” alongside Sonu Nigam.
- There was speculation in the media that Rahat is getting a divorce from his wife Nida in order to marry a model named Falak. However, Rahat rubbished all rumours and said that they are very much together.
- On 21 December 2015, Ali was invited to perform on the New Year’s Eve at the Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad. However, he was deported before the event at Pakistani national can only enter India through Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai.
Rahat gets paid ₹10-12 lakh for one song.
- Musicians: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Mohammed Rafi, Sonu Nigam, Lata Mangeshkar, Arijit Singh, Shreya Ghoshal, A.R.Rahman, Ankit Tiwari, Sunidhi Chauhan
- Ali enjoys travelling.
- In 2011, he met with a serious accident in the US during his journey from Detroit to Chicago and miraculously survived.
- Rahat considers his father, Ustaad Farrukh Ali Khan and Ustaad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan his inspirations.
- His family and friends fondly call him Rahat and RFAK.