Avina Shah is a popular British singer of Indian origin. She rose to fame with her debut Hindi song, ‘Tere Bina,’ released in 2010.
Avina was born on Thursday, 2 April 1984 (age 37 years; as in 2021) in London, UK. Watford Observer Her zodiac sign is Aries. She attended Watford Grammar School for Girls, London for her schooling. She did her graduation in business management from King’s College in London. Watford Observer
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Ashwini Shah. Her elder sister, Hemina Shah, is a singer and is married to the Singapore-based multimillionaire internet entrepreneur Jay Shah.
In 2020, Avina and Hemina uploaded a video song for their mother on Avina’s YouTube channel.
Relationship, Husband & Children
She is not married yet, and there is no information about her boyfriend.
She started learning music at the age of three, and at the age of 16, she performed for the first time as a professional singer. While she was studying in college, she started working as a hair and make-up artist, specialised in bridal make-up for the Asian citizens of the UK. Her debut Hindi single, ‘Tere Bina,’ was released in October 2010, with an aim to support victims of domestic violence and to donate the earnings to the Southall Black Sisters Charity. The song was inspired from the real life story of Kiranjit Ahluwalia, and her role was played by the Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai in the Hollywood film ‘Provoked’ (2006).
She has gained immense popularity as a singer and has performed live across different nations with her entertainment and management company, ‘Eastern Illusion Ltd.’
Some of her popular singles are ‘Dil Deewana’ (featuring rapper, Blaze Blackheart and classical Qawwali vocalist, Balwant Panesar) in 2011, ‘Aao Na’ in August 2013, ‘Playboy’ (2018), and ‘Husan Di Rani’ (2020). She released a music video, ‘Groove,’ along with the famous Jamaican cricketer Chris Gayle in 2020. In the same year, she released a song, ‘Sitaaro Pe Nazar,’ which was dedicated to the COVID-19 patients.
- Food: Pizza and Paneer-Naan
- Drink(s): Juice and Tea
- Actor: Aamir Khan
- She received training in the Indian classical vocal from her singing gurus in India. Indian Express
- Initially, she wanted to become a dancer but ended up being a singer. While talking about her musical journey, she said in an interview,
I come from a very musical family, who have always supported my music and encouraged me to pursue this field. I started very young, I even have pictures of me playing the keyboard before my first birthday! My first stage performance was a dance I did when I was 3 (although that didn’t quite go to plan because I decided to run off stage half-way through!). I’ve taken part in many stage shows throughout my childhood & teens and it’s helped me to build up experience and stage confidence over all the years.”
- In an interview, when asked how she managed two professions simultaneously, she replied,
My weekends in particular are so busy, it’s just go go go and no time to stop! My manager keeps my diary super organised so that helps a lot, although I do wish there were more hours in the day! But the passion & love for what I do is what keeps me going, as well as the amazing support from everyone.”
- She is the founder of the beauty brand ‘Faces by Avina,’ and she launched her own range of beauty products in 2016.
- In 2020, on a trip to France, she got her knee broken while skiing. She talked about her tough days during her recovery from this accident, she said,
It’s been a long road of recovery after my accident mentally and physically. There were days where I thought how am I ever going to be able to walk, dance and live normally again? I’m not much of an exercise person, but one thing that has really helped me heal is Yoga and regular stretching. It’s given me so much hope mentally and also physically helped me improve on my flexibility. With practicing regular yoga, it’s now become a new way of life for me and I would highly recommend it to everyone to give it a go!”
- She has featured on the cover of various renowned magazines.
- She is a travel freak, and one of her hobbies is swimming.
- Avina loves soft toys and has many teddy bears in her collection.
- During the coronavirus lockdown in 2020, she bought a guitar, and in one of her Instagram’s posts, she talked about her desire to learn playing the guitar.
- She is an avid animal lover, and she often posts pictures with dogs on her social media accounts.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol with her friends in parties.
- She loves to eat non-vegetarian food.
- Avina has many Indian celebrity friends, and she is often spotted with them at various events.
- In her leisure time, she loves to play basketball and golf with her family members.
- In an interview, she shared the most cheesy pickup line she ever got, and it was,
Feel my shirt… it’s boyfriend material.”
- She is also a supporter of women empowerment and is associated with various other charitable organisations.