Sudhir Chaudhary is an Indian journalist, news anchor, and editor. He serves as the editor-in-chief of the Hindi news channel “Zee News.” He is the recipient of the ‘Ramnath Goenka Award’ for excellence in journalism.
Sudhir Chaudhary was born on 7 June 1974 (age 45 years; as in 2019) in Hodal town in Palwal District, Haryana. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
He attended Delhi University to pursue his graduation in Bachelor of Arts. After completing his graduation, he enrolled himself in the Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi to do a Diploma in Journalism. Chaudhary was good at studies right from his childhood. He often used to take part in debate competitions during his school and college days.
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Sudhir Chaudhary belongs to a Hindu-Jat family. Not much is known about his family. Sudhir is married to Niti Chaudhary and has one son.
Sudhir started his career as a journalist in 1993 with Zee News. It was the time when Zee News just began its operations. Chaudhary joined the channel as a news anchor and covered many prominent stories including the 2001 Indian Parliament attack and the Kargil War. He was also the part of the team that covered the Islamabad meeting between Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Pervez Musharraf post the terrorist attacks. In 2003, he resigned from his post from the Zee News and went on to join the Hindi news channel, Sahara Samay. Sudhir played an important role in the launch of Sahara Samay by the Sahara group. He worked there for a short period and then went on to join India TV. He again worked there briefly and joined Live India as the Editor-in-chief of the channel. In 2012, Sudhir returned to Zee News and occupied the office as the Editor-in-Chief. Since then, he hosts the popular prime time news show, Daily News & Analysis (DNA).
In 2015, Sudhir received Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism in the “Hindi Broadcast” category. He has also been awarded for interviewing the friend of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
- In 2012, Sudhir Chaudhary along with Sameer Ahluwalia was accused by the Congress MP, Naveen Jindal, for trying to extort a sum of ₹100 crores worth of advertisements from his company in return of an offer to drop the stories linking the Jindal group with Colgate.
- On 19 December 2016, Sudhir Chaudhary along with Zee News West Bengal correspondent and camera person Tanmay Mukherjee were booked by the Police for the coverage of Dhulagarh riots. A non-bailable charge was registered against the trio under section 153A of IPC (promoting enmity between different groups on basis of religion, caste, creed, language or place of birth).
Sudhir earns a salary of ₹25 lakh per month.
- Singer: Lata Mangeshkar
- Politician: Narendra Modi
- His hobbies include travelling and reading.
- Sudhir aimed to crack the Civil Services Examination. However, he couldn’t crack the UPSC CSE even after appearing for the Interview thrice.