Sumit Awasthi is a well-known journalist in India. He has more than 20 years of experience in journalism and is one of the top-most news anchors in India.
Sumit Awasthi was born in Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh. He did his schooling from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Indore. He attended Holkar Science College, Indore to pursue his graduation in science. LinkedIn Later, he did his post-graduation in Journalism from Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan, Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Suresh Awasthi, who worked as a journalist in ‘Bhartiya Suchna Sewa’ at All India Radio.
Relationships, Wife & Children
Sumit is married to Alokananda Sen Awasthi, and the couple is blessed with two sons. One of his sons’ name is Satwick Awasthi.
He started his career as a writer in newspapers, like Pioneer, Navbharat Times, and Jansatta.
After completing his post-graduation in journalism, he did an internship in Jansatta. His career as a journalist and anchor started with Zee News in 1997. Later, he worked with one of the top-most news channels in India, like Aaj Tak and IBN 7. In November 2018, he joined the ABP news channel as a consulting editor.
- While he was in school, he wanted to join the Indian Army, he attempted the entrance exam twice but failed to clear the exams.
- Once he was interviewing the BJP’s veteran leader, Murli Manohar Joshi, who asked Sumit to ask questions according to him. Later, Joshi took the camera and deleted the clip.
- He received ‘Madhav Jyoti Puraskar,’ one of the biggest awards in the field of journalism; as the best correspondent in 2012.
- He has received many other prestigious awards in the field of Journalism, out of which one is the ‘Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award’ which he received in 2019.
- His hobbies include travelling, gardening, and playing snooker.
- He has appeared as an expert in many episodes of Kaun Banega Crorepati.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.