Sweta Singh is a renowned Indian news anchor and journalist. She is the news anchor and executive editor of special programming at Aaj Tak.
Sweta Singh was born on Sunday, 21 August 1977 (age 42 years; as in 2019), in Patna, Bihar. Her zodiac sign is Leo. She did her graduation in mass communication from Patna Women’s College, Bihar. Wikipedia
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
She is married to her long time boyfriend, Sanket Kotkar. The couple is blessed with a daughter.
While she was in the first year of her graduation, he got an opportunity to work as a print journalist in the Times of India. In 1998, she moved to Delhi from her hometown Patna to make her career in electronic media. She worked as a news anchor in Zee News and Sahara news. In 2002, she started working in Aaj Tak as a news anchor, later, she was promoted as an executive editor of special programming in Aaj Tak.
- She is well-known for her sports-related news shows.
- She has received many prestigious awards as the best news anchor in India. In 2005, her show ‘Sourav ka Sixer’ won the award for best sports program by Sports Journalism Federation of India (SJFI).
- She has also made appearances in a few Bollywood films as a news presenter.
- In an interview, when she was asked about her most embarrassing moment on TV, she said,
During a commercial break I was combing my hair. I tossed the comb, a bright yellow thing, in the air. My hands were poised to catch the comb as it fell – when I came on air. I covered it up by making some comment on rajnaitik uthak baithak (political ups and downs).”
- In one of the episodes of The Kapil Sharma Show, she revealed that she wanted to become a film director.