Faye D’Souza is a prominent Indian journalist. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Mirror Now. She hosts the popular show The Urban Debate on Mirror Now, which focuses on real-world issues rather than trending stories.
Faye D’Souza was born on Thursday, 8 October 1981 (age 37 years; as in 2018) in Chikmagalur, Karnataka. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She did her schooling from a local school in Bangalore. She pursued Bachelor of Arts in Literature from Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru. She then pursued a Bachelor of Journalism degree from Mount Carmel College in 2002. She completed her Master’s Degree in Mass Communication from Convergence Institute of Media, Management, and Information Technology Studies (COMMITS), Bengaluru in 2004.
Faye’s career in journalism started when she was in college. She joined the All India Radio (AIR), Bangalore and used to read the news on the radio. While she was pursuing her master’s degree, she took up a job in CNBC-TV18 in 2003. She used to be in the field of financial journalism. It made her path and she continued to work there even after completing her master’s degree.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 34-28-36
Family, Husband & Caste
Faye D’Souza belongs to a Roman Catholic Brahmin Family. Not much is known about her parents. She has 2 sisters.
Faye D’Souza is married to Sagar Gokhale. They got married on 3 September 2010.
Faye D’Souza’s journalism career started with CNBC-TV18. She had a backend job in financial journalism. Eventually, she started reporting on financial issues. Faye joined the Times Now Network in 2007. She was appointed in ET Now, the financial channel of Times Now. She started to host the show- Investor’s Guide. The show was a huge hit and earned her wide popularity. Her show hit the TRP charts and bagged her another show on ET Now- “The Property Guide”.
Faye always wanted to do something on women empowerment. On her show, The Investor’s Guide, she did a special segment which would guide women on where to invest, and how it would help them. ET Now gave her another show- The Urban Debate. It discussed the social issues, social injustice, and other issues which would help woman combat inequality and how to overcome it. She did a special show with Radhika Apte, focusing on the issue of safety for women.
In 2015, Times Network started a new channel, Magicbricks Now. Faye D’Souza was appointed as the Editor-in-Chief of the channel. The channel was started with a focus on news about real estate. Faye D’Souza was given the task of increasing the channel ratings; as it was a new channel. Faye did a good job and the channel got ahead very rapidly. In 2017, Magicbricks Now was renamed as Mirror Now. The channel then shifted its focus from just real estate news to the general news.
Her popular shows from ET Now- the Investor’s Guide, Property Guide, and The Urban Debate were revived on Mirror Now. She started the Urban Debate as a show which would focus on the real issues rather than the stories which were trending. The Investor’s Guide also had a permanent segment for women investors which helped them make choices which would be beneficial for them. She had always wanted to do something good for society and often invites members of the LGBTQ community to her show, “The Urban Debate”.
Awards, Honours & Achievements
- The “Journalist of the Year” award by Redlink Awards in May 2018
- She was featured on the cover of the Verve Magazine
- “News Anchor of the Year” Award Presented by the International Advertising Association (IAA) in July 2018
- “Rachna Award” by the Rachna Organization on 16 October 2018
- “Opinion Maker of the Year” Award by the Vogue India on 1 November 2018
- The “Face of the Year” Award by the Kanara Catholic Association (KCA) in December 2018
- Award for the “News Television’s Editor-in-Chief of the Year” Award by the News Broadcasting Awards in February 2019
- During her show, The Urban Debate, she disciplines a guest in such a way that they are not able to counter her. Once, Maulana Yasoob Abbas remarked that if she wants equality then she should show up to work in her underwear. Faye listened and calmly replied-
Let me tell you Maulana ji, Aap Jaise bahut dekhe hai. I am not threatened or afraid of you, and most of all, I’m not rattled by you”
- During a debate on the movie “Padmavat”, a member of the Karni Sena, Ajith Singh, was present on her show. He commented that the Karni Sena would never allow anyone to watch the movie. To this, Faye responded-
Who the fuck are you? Aapse seekhne ki kisi ko zarurat nahi hai. Aapki aukat hi kya hai kuch sikhane ki?”
- On 4 March 2018, Faye retweeted the cover photo of the Malayalam Magazine, Grihalakshmi. The cover had a photo of a woman breastfeeding her baby and how the society views it as a taboo. Faye captioned the tweet stating that there are private spaces for individuals to smoke on the airports but no spaces for women to breastfeed their children. The official twitter handle of Mumbai airport replied that there are several spaces available in the Mumbai airport where women can tend to the needs of their tiny tots. Another user replied that all major airports of India have dotting rooms where women can take care of their children. Faye was criticized and trolled on being the Editor-in-Chief of a leading news channel and not knowing such basic facts about airports.
Actor: Rishi Kapoor
Actress: Kubbra Sait
Food: Dal & Butter Chicken
60 Lacs INR annually
- She often attends Gay Pride Parades to show her support for the LGBTQ community and raise awareness about the community.
- She got married simply. Once she revealed that her marriage ceremony was so simple that the ceremony only cost 33 INR.
- In November 2018, she was featured on the cover of Vogue India as the Woman of the Year.
- Faye loves animals and has a pet dog named Thor.