Shams Tahir Khan is a well know Indian journalist. He is famous for hosting daily crime show ‘Vardaat’ (2004) aired on Aaj Tak.
Shams was born on 2 January in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He did his schooling from Anglo Arabic Senior Secondary School, Delhi. Later, he attended Delhi University to pursue his graduation in Political Science. Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
He was born in a Muslim family. His wife’s name is Savitri Balooni, and she works as a teacher of journalism. She has adopted a village Bhainsoda in Almora, Uttarakhand and has worked for the development of the village. The couple is blessed with a daughter, Shamsvi Balooni Khan.
In 1993, he joined the Hindi daily ‘Jansatta’ and started his journalism career as a crime reporter
After working there for seven years, in December 2000, he joined the popular Hindi news channel ‘Aaj Tak.’ In March 2003, he started the weekly crime show ‘Jurm’ on ‘Aaj Tak,’ which got immense popularity. Later, he started a few more crime based shows on Aaj Tak, including ‘Vaardat’ (2004) a daily crime show, ‘Raaz’ (2005) on forensic investigation, and ‘Koi Laut De Mere …’ He was later promoted to senior executive editor, crime head, and head Delhi Aaj Tak. He has also reported from Mosul, Iraq, and for this, he received the ENBA Award for the Best International Reporter. In 2001, he interviewed Afzal Guru, the key conspirator of the Indian Parliament attack.
- He received Mumbai Press Club Red Ink Award for ‘Excellence in Indian Journalism’ in 2015. He has also received ‘NT Award’ for the crime series ‘Koi Laut De Mere …’ aired on Aaj Tak.
- He has made award-winning documentaries like “Listen to the voice of Ayodhya,” “My mourning has no name,” a documentary on Mumbai attack, “What is the night on Bhopal gas tragedy? Ask Bhopal,” and “Gandhi assassination Hey Ram.”
- In 2015, he appeared as a host along with the famous TV actor and host Anup Soni in the special series ’30 Din 30 Naye Cases’ in ‘Crime Patrol.’
- In an interview, he revealed that he was once kidnapped by three boys in Betul, Madhya Pradesh, and somehow, he managed to escape. YouTube
- In 2015, he appeared in the Colors TV comedy show ‘Comedy Nights Bachao’ as a guest.
- He has appeared as an expert in many episodes of the popular TV game show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati.’