Richa Anirudh is an Indian journalist, RJ, talk show host, author, and an editor. She is one of the most popular faces of Indian television.
Richa Anirudh was born on Saturday, 31 May 1975 (age 44 years; as in 2019) in Shyam Shah Medical College, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Gemini.
After her birth, her family shifted to Uttar Pradesh and stayed there in a small Primary Health Centre (P.H.C.) in Mundha Pande in Moradabad. In 1976, her family moved to Dhanaura in Moradabad district, UP.
She did her primary schooling from Moradabad’s Seventh Day Adventist School. When she was 6 years old, her father was transferred to Jhansi. Richa completed her Class 10 from Jhansi’s St. Francis Convent School and went to Christ The King College to pursue her 11th and 12th standard. Richa actively participated in co-curricular activities in her school days.
She did her graduation in Science from Bipin Behari Degree College, Jhansi. Thereafter, she enrolled herself in Jhansi’s APTECH Computer Institute to get a 3-year masters diploma in computer software development. After completing her computer course, Richa shifted to Delhi and started working at SPIC MACAY.
Height (approx.): 5’ 6”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Richa Anirudh belongs to a Hindu Family. Her father, Dr. Harish Badal is a doctor and her mother, Rekha is a homemaker. She has two brothers, Yashh Badal and Tapas Badal.
Richa got married to Aniruddha Thatte in 1997. She has a daughter, Ayesha Thatte (Born as Ishita Thatte).
Richa started her career as a freelance anchor in 1996 with DD-National, where she anchored the program called “Ankur.” In 1998, she relocated to Ajmer and joined “Dainik Navjyoti,” a Hindi daily of Rajasthan, as a trainee journalist. In 2001, she returned to Delhi and worked for Pt. Ravi Shankar as an Office Administrator. Subsequently, she started anchoring for DD Sports and ETV Urdu. In the same year, she was selected as a Radio Jockey in AIR FM.
Her career as a news journalist and anchor began in 2002 when she joined Zee News as a reporter. She worked there for 3 years, and in 2005, joined Channel 7 (later named IBN7) as a special correspondent and news anchor. In 2007, she started the talk show “Zindagi Live” on IBN7, which continued till 2013. In 2017, she brought back the show on ETV as “Zindagi Live Returns.” Later, she launched the show on YouTube with the title “Zindagi With Richa.”
Richa has also worked as an RJ for 92.7 BIG FM. She hosted the breakfast show “Dilli Meri Jaan,” which dealt with the everyday issues of Delhi people. She hosted another show “Big Heroes,” which celebrated the spirit of the unsung heroes.
Richa is also the Editor-in-chief of a school magazine titled “School Live.” The magazine acts as a platform for the students of different schools to read, write, and share their views with others.
Awards & Achievements
- Selected among 12 best anchors of next-generation across all the Indian news channels by Pitch Magazine (2004)
- Best Anchor’s ward by Ekta Mission (2005)
- Amity Media Excellence Award for being the most promising young female journalist (2010)
Awards won by her show ‘Zindagi Live’
- ‘Best Talk Show’ by indiantelevision.com for six seasons
- ‘Best Talk Show’ by the Indian Television Academy
- Ladli Media Award for gender sensitivity by UNFPA
- Food: Golgappe
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
- Actress: Waheeda Rehman
- Colour: White
- Travel Destination: Kashmir
- Her hobbies include travelling, reading, and listening to music.
- She is the Brand Ambassador LPU’s SQL (School Quiz League), an initiative to identify and nurture young talents.
- Richa is actively involved in philanthropy and works for social causes like child education, girl child empowerment, and taking care of the environment.
- She has often appeared in the popular game reality show “Kaun Banega Crorepati” as an expert advisor.
- She is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- She is an avid dog lover and owns a pet dog, Rio.
- She follows the preachings of the spiritual guru, Osho.