Mehr Tarar is a Pakistani journalist, who became famous after the rumours about her being in a relationship with the Indian politician, Shashi Tharoor surfaced in the media.
Mehr Tarar was born on Saturday, 2 March 1968 (age 51 years; as in 2019) in Lahore, Pakistan. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. She graduated from West Virginia University, United States.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Body Measurement (approx.): 34-28-36
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
She belongs to an Islamic family. Mehr was born to a business family of Lahore. She had an elder brother named Babar Tarar, who died in 2019. She also has a sister named Mano Tarar.
Reportedly, she has been separated from her husband, who is a Bahrain based businessman. She has a son named Musa Tarar, who is studying in New York City.
She is rumoured to be in a relationship with the Indian politician, Shashi Tharoor.
Mehr Tarar worked for a Pakistani daily until 2014. She then started working with the group’s business channel. In the mid-90s, Mehr did photoshoots in Lahore.
She is a regular columnist and has made several appearances on TV. She has written a book titled “Do We Not Bleed? Reflections of a 21st-century Pakistani,” which attempts to showcase the state of politics, religion, and society in Pakistan.
Mehr became the centre of controversy with Shashi Tharoor and his wife Sunanda Tharoor, who publicly accused Mehr of stalking her husband. Sunanda went on to claim that her husband and Mehr were having an alleged affair.
- Food: Dahi-Bhalla, Aloo Ka Paratha Aur Chai
- Dessert: Banoffee Pie
- Beverage(s): Rooh Afza, Pomegranate Juice
- Candy: Paanbahar
- Colour: Red
- Singer: Madonna
- Politician: Imran Khan
- Makeup Artist: Athar Shehzad (a Lahore-based make-up artist)
- Footballer: Lionel Messi
- Film(s): Chennai Express (2013), Punjab Nahin Jaungi (2017)
- Author(s): Sara Naveed, Twinkle Khanna, Shashi Tharoor
- Book(s): “All of My Heart” by Sara Naveed, “Pyjamas Are Forgiving” by Twinkle Khanna, “Lincoln In The Bardo” by George Saunders, “Milkman” by Anna Burns, “Jonathan Wild” by Henry Fielding, “One Hundred Years of Solitude” by Gabriel García Márquez
- Travel Destination(s): New York City in the United States, Skardu in Pakistan
- Sports: Cricket, Football
- She likes travelling, listening to music, and watching films.
- The Lahore based journalist who has once worked with Mehr attributes her as ‘competitive.’
- She met Shashi Tharoor for the first time in April 2013. She had come to India to interview the then Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, Omar Abdullah. Reportedly, it was at a social gathering in Dubai when they both met for the second time and had been in touch with each other through email and twitter since then. According to Mehr, she was in contact with Shashi, because she was in need of feedback for the book, she had been writing about Kerela.
- Mehr Tarar’s linkup rumours with Shashi Tharoor started when the former wrote an article in her Pakistan newspaper column, My Corner, dating 20 October 2013 and had mentioned Shashi Tharoor. She wrote-
Whether they read my tweets or not is immaterial to the secret glee that at any given time I can gush over Amitabh Bachchan’s latest movie, swoon over Channing Tatum’s eyes, eulogise Nicholas Kristof’s wisdom, retweet Imran Khan’s wishes for Pakistan, smile reading Ronan Farrow’s inimitable wry humour (his movie star looks are just an added bonus), be moved by Christiane Amanpour’s heartfelt words on Syrian refugees, awww at SRK’s love for life, or praise Shashi Tharoor for his very cool words (man, his voice is mesmerizing!).”
- When Mehr was interviewed about her involvement in the death of Shashi Tharoor’s wife, Sunanda, she said-
- In December 2018, Mehr became a part of the first-ever TEDx Islamabad women, which was their first conference with only the women speakers.
- Mehr Tarar loves visiting India and has got many friends from her profession there including Barkha Dutt and Shashi Tharoor.
- Mehr is a huge fan of cricketer-turned-politician, Imran Khan and is often seen sharing his posts and ideologies on her social media account.
- She loves watching films and never miss an opportunity to get a selfie with her favourite film stars.
- She is politically inclined to the party ‘Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.’
- She is an animal lover and owns a pet dog named ‘Autumn.’