Iman Ali is a Pakistani actress and international supermodel. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Maryam’ (Mary) in the Urdu film “Khuda Key Liye.” She is one of the highest paid actresses of Pakistani Cinema.
Iman Ali was born on 19 December 1977 (age 41 years; as in 2018) in Lahore, Pakistan. She did her schooling from Divisional Public School (DPS), Model Town, Lahore. After completing her studies, she went to pursue her career as a model. Iman started her modelling career by doing a number of TV commercials.
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 58 kg
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 30-28-34
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Iman Ali belongs to a Muslim Family. Her father, Abid Ali, is one of the finest Pakistani actors and her mother, Humera Ali, is a Pakistani singer. Rabia Noreen is her step-mother.
Iman has two sisters, Rahma Ali and Maryam Ali.
Iman was rumoured to be in a relationship with the Bollywood director, Imtiaz Ali.
Iman tied the knot with Babar Bhatti, a Canada-based businessman on 21 February 2019 in Lahore. Babar is the grandson of Major Raja Aziz Bhatti, a former Pakistan army officer.
Iman made her acting debut in 2008 with the TV show “Dil Dekay Jaien Gey.” Subsequently, she appeared in TV serials like “Arman,” “Kismat,” “Woh Tees Din,” “Pehla Pyar,” and “Kuch Log Rooth Kar Kay Bhi.” In 2007, she made her Urdu film debut by playing the lead role in the film “Khuda Kay Liye.” The movie was a big hit and her performance was critically acclaimed. Next, she featured in the film “Bol” in which she played the supporting role of Meena (the tawaif).
In 2015, Ali appeared in the film “Mah-E-Mir” alongside Fahad Mustafa and Sanam Saeed.
Iman has walked the ramp for fashion designers including the Indian fashion designers like Suneet Varma, Tarun Tahiliani, Rina Dhaka, Manish Malhotra and JJ Valaya.
Ali has also featured on the covers of various magazines including “Visage” and “Hello Pakistan.”
- Food: Pizza, Burgers, Aloo Parantha, Chinese Food, Balochi Chicken Karahi
- Actors: Humayun Saeed, Imran Abbas
- Actress: Madhubala, Madhuri Dixit
- Book: The Story of Philosophy by Bryan Magee
- TV Show: Game of Thrones
- Film: Khuda Kay Liye
- Destination: Singapore
- Colours: Red, Black
- She likes to read and practise yoga in her leisure time.
- Iman hates going to the gym. She says-
I can’t go to the gym because the people around me don’t stop talking, and I cannot focus on my workout.”
- According to Iman, her dream is to get interviewed by Oprah Winfrey one day.
- Ali is suffering from Multiple Sclerosis (MS), a degenerative and disabling ailment which almost made her go blind in one eye. She was diagnosed with the disease while she was shooting for her film Khuda Ke Liye.
- According to the actress, television was never her thing, she was forced to do it.
- Iman was offered the lead role of Zainab in the Urdu film “Bol,” but she left the role and instead chose to play the role of Meena (the tawaif) as it had more variety.
- The song “Saiyaan Bole Na Bole” (Mujra song) from her film ‘Bol’ was shot overnight even though Iman is not a trained dancer.