Swini Khara is an Indian lawyer and former actress, who paved her way into Bollywood as a child artist. She became a household face after appearing in Hindi films and TV series. Khara worked with various popular Bollywood celebrities including Amitabh Bachchan, Paresh Rawal, and Shahid Kapoor.
Swini Nimesh Khara was born on Sunday, 12 July 1998 (age 24 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. In 2013, she completed her schooling atSamford University in Homewood, Alabama. In 2020, she studied Intellectual property law at the summer school of the World Intellectual Property Organization. In 2021, she earned a bachelor’s degree in law from the National Academy of Legal Studies & Research (NALSAR) University in Hyderabad.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 30-28-32
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Nimesh Khara, and her mother’s name is Shilpa Khara. She is an only child of her parents.
On 1 March 2023, she got engaged to Urvish Desai, a mechanical engineer.
She follows Hinduism.
In 2005, she made her debut as a child artist with the film Parineeta, starring Vidya Balan, Saif Ali Khan, Sanjay Dutt, and Sabyasachi Chakrabarty. In 2006, she appeared in a Danish-Swedish film titled After the Wedding in which she played the role of Indisk Pige 2. In the 2007 rom-com Cheeni Kum, Swini played the role of a 9-year-old girl named Sexy who is diagnosed with cancer. The role earned her immense popularity and a nomination for Stardust Awards 2008 for Breakthrough Performance – Female.
She played the role of Tuk Tuk in the film Hari Puttar: A Comedy of Terrors (2008).
She has played several roles including Ayesha in the film Elaan (2005), Shona in the film Kaalo – The Desert Witch (2010), a cub leopard named Yuvraj in Delhi Safari (2012), and young Jayanti in the film M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016).
In 2005, she made her television debut with the TV series Baa Bahoo Aur Baby. In the series, she played the role of Chaitali Praveen Thakkar.
She worked in several Indian TV series including Dill Mill Gayye (2009), CID (2011), and Zindagi Khatti Meethi (2015).
She has interned at several law firms including Solicis Lex, Kanga & Company, Luthra & Luthra Law Offices, Chambers of Shyam Divan, AZB & Partners, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, and Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Company. From May 2020 to September 2020, she worked as a research assistant under Professor Ingeborg Schwenzer and Professor Edgardo Munoz. From June 2020 to February 2021, she worked as the head of operations at
- 2006: Best child actress for the TV series Baa Bahoo Aur Baby (2005) at Indian Telly Awards.
- 2007: Best child actor for the TV series Baa Bahoo Aur Baby (2005) at Indian Television Academy Awards.
- 2020: Best impromptu speaker at ICC-ADC Asia Pacific Commercial Mediation Competition.
- Colour: Yellow
- In her childhood, Swini trained to be a Kathak dancer.
- Since childhood, she loves adventure sports and enjoys swimming.
- In an interview, Swini said that when she was young, she used to take her study material to shoots and study in between the shots. In an interview, while talking about this, she said,
I love to study. Studies always come first and I know how to balance both academics and acting. I finished my homework between the shots. I always come first in my class which proves that my studies do not suffer because of my acting career.”
- She has also appeared in various advertisements for popular brands including ICICI, Cadbury Dairy Milk, and Lakme.
- In 2008, she participated in season 1 of the dance reality TV show Zara Nachke Dikha.
- Swini is a travel enthusiast and often shares photos from her trips to various cities and countries.
- In 2019, she was among the top 22 selected participants at CDRC, Vienna.
- In her leisure time, Swini likes to paint.