Manila Pradhan is an Indian model. She is best known for being the winner of “MTV Supermodel of the Year” (2019).
Manila Pradhan was born in 1995 (age 24 years; as in 2019) in Namchi, South Sikkim. She was inclined towards modelling and acting from a very young age and always wanted to make a name in the entertainment industry. Manila did her graduation in Pharmacy from Sikkim’s Himalayan Pharmacy Institute. After completing her graduation, she moved to Mumbai to pursue a course in acting and theatre.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Boyfriend
Manila started her modelling career in 2019 by participating in the modelling reality show “MTV Supermodel of the Year.” She auditioned for the show thrice and finally received a confirmation call from the makers of the show. Despite the fact that she wasn’t a professional model, Manila managed to impress the judges in the first episode of the show. Eventually, she emerged the winner of “MTV Supermodel of the Year” in a dazzling finale on 15 March 2020. She took the pageant h0me defeating Drisha More and Priya Singh. After winning the pageant, she said,
It’s not less than a dream come true for me. One of the strongest things that I learned and would like to take away with me from this journey is to be yourself. That is your ultimate power that nobody can have. All the judges on the show and the mentors were great. But I really have a special intangible connection and a soft corner for Malaika maam and Ujjwala maam. No matter how much they shouted at me but in the end, it was for my betterment and personal growth.”
- Food: Burger, Pizza, Chicken Wings
- Beverage: Coffee
- Dessert: Chocolate Brownie
- Actor: Varun Dhawan
- Actress: Alia Bhatt
- Her hobbies include travelling and shopping.
- Manila follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Manila earlier applied for Femina Miss India Northeast, but she got rejected from the pageant; because of her short height.
- Manila wanted to pursue fashion designing, but she graduated in Pharmacy; as her parents asked her to do so.
- Initially, her parents were against her decision to pursue modelling as her career. It took her around a year and a half to convince them and get their support. She said,
It was difficult to convince my parents and took a year and a half to get their support. Up until I began acting and modelling, I never really got the chance to come out of my shell. I always wondered, will it work or not? Even when I was studying Pharmacy, I was sceptical and confused.”
- When Manila got the confirmation call from “MTV Supermodel of the Year,” she got so excited that she reached the location of shooting eight and a half hours before the shoot began.
- During the auditions of “MTV Supermodel of the Year,” Manila shared that she had faced several rejections in her life. Once, even one of her extended family members said it in front of her parents that she would achieve nothing in her life. That thing really hit her hard and motivated her to pursue her dream and prove herself.
- In addition to modelling, Manila also has a deep interest in theatre, and she wants to learn more about it.