Vanya Mishra is an Indian entrepreneur and a beauty pageant titleholder. She won the title of Femina Miss India 2012. She also represented India at the Miss World 2012 pageant.
Vanya Mishra was born on Thursday 27, February 1992 (age 29 years; as of 2021) in Jalandhar, India. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. Vanya Mishra did her primary schooling at KB DAV School, Chandigarh. For her higher education, she got herself enrolled in Punjab Engineering College (PEC), Chandigarh where she studied Bachelor of Engineering. She was very good at studies and was among the toppers of her school and college
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Sibling
Vanya Mishra was born in a middle-class family in Jalandhar, India. She was born to Late Major Navneet Mishra, an Indian Army officer, and Ved Mishra. Her father died when Vanya was just two years old. She is the only child of her parents.
Relationships & Husband
She is unmarried and any information about her relationship or boyfriend is also not known.
In 2012, Vanya Mishra participated in Dabur Gulabri Miss Rose Glow 2012. After winning multiple state rounds, she became the winner of the contest. Winning the Dabur Gulabri Miss Rose Glow 2012 title helped her secure a position among the top 20 contestants in Femina Miss India 2012. On 30 March 2012, Pantaloons Femina Miss India World Finale ceremony took place in Mumbai, Maharashtra with the panel of judges including Rohit Shetty, Ekta Kapoor, Sanjeev Bajaj, Sonu Nigam, Harbhajan Singh, and Sakshi Tanwar, where Vanya Mishra was crowned Miss India World 2012. Along with the Miss India World 2012, she also won three subtitles of Maybelline Most Beautiful eyes, Most Beautiful Skin, and Most Photogenic.
Vanya Mishra was also got the opportunity to represent India at the Miss World 2012 pageant held in Ordos, Inner Mongolia, China. Vanya competed with 120 global winners to win the title. She was one of the top scorers at the finale and won two fast-track challenges, Beauty with a Purpose and Social Multimedia. She was among the top 7 contestants of the Miss World 2012 pageant.
Soon after completing her graduation in 2014, Vanya Mishra along, with her close friend, Apaksh Gupta, started working on her startup idea. The startup SummerLabel is a digital fashion and lifestyle store that provides thousands of private labels to showcase their products. She continued being an entrepreneur till 2017.
- Vanya Mishra started her career at the age of 19 by participating in the Dabur Gulabri Miss Rose Glow contest in 2012.
- She loves eating golgappas and aloo parantha.
- Vanya Mishra, after completing her tenure as Miss India 2012, was offered many acting projects in Bollywood but she denied them to focus on her studies.
- In 2012, Vanya Mishra was honored with the “Kalpana Chawala Excellence Award.” She received the award from the father of Late Kalpana Chawala.
- Vanya was offered a Tollywood film, Sher, in 2015. Later, only after ten days of shooting, she was replaced by another actress. According to the directors of the film, the reason for her replacement was that the chemistry between Vanya and her co-star was not looking good on screen. The Times of India
- Vanya Mishra is associated with various NGOs across the country, and she loves doing charity works.
- She is often invited to many big institutions such as IIT Delhi, IIM Bangalore, IIT Roorkee, BITS-Pilani as a motivational speaker.
- Vanya has walked the runway for many renowned designers.