Chandrakala Mohan is an Indian actress who mainly works in the Kannada television industry. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Ajjamma’ in the Kannada TV serial “Putta Gowri Maduve” (2012).
Chandrakala Mohan was born in Mandya, Karnataka. She was passionate about acting since childhood.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about her parents.
Husband & Children
Chandrakala got married when she was thirteen years old. Not much is known about her husband. She became the mother of her first child when she was just fourteen years old. Chandrakala gave birth to her second child at the age of nineteen. Out of her two children, one is her son named Venugopal.
Chandrakala started her career as a television actress in 1995. Since then, she has starred in over 300 TV serials, playing varied characters. She became a known face in the Kannada television industry in 2012 after playing the role of ‘Ajjamma’ in the Kannada TV serial “Putta Gowri Maduve.” Despite her young age, she played the role of an aged grandmother in the serial with absolute conviction and won several accolades.
She has appeared in the Kannada TV serials Moodala Mane (2003), Krishna Rukmini (2011), Shree (2018), and Kusumanjali (2019).
Some of her popular films include Naa Rani Nee Maharani (2010), Bhaktha Shankara (2012), Aantharya (2013), Chandrika (2015), Pilibail Yamunakka (2016), Abhisaarike (2018), and Udumba (2019).
In 2017, she participated in the celebrity Kabaddi show “Sooper Kabaddi.” The show first aired on Udaya TV on 21 January 2017. Chandrakala has also appeared in the TV commercial of brands like Big Bazar.
In 2021, she participated in the reality TV game show “Bigg Boss Kannada 8.”
- Aryabhata International Award 2014 for Excellent contribution & Services to Small Screen
- Karnataka State Award 2009-10 for Runanubhanda film for Best Supporting Role
- Zee Kutumba Award 2011 for the film Benkiyalli Aralida Hoovu
- Suvarna Parivara Award 2012 for the film Krishna Rukmini Tayavva
- She likes cooking and reading books in her leisure time.
- Talking about her life after marriage in a chat show, Chandrakala said that initially, she didn’t reciprocate her children’s emotions as she failed to understand them. However, things started improving as she grew older. She further added that she started taking up the responsibilities of her family when she was twenty-one.
- During an interview, Chandrakala revealed that her husband had always been supportive regarding her decisions in life.