Niveditha Gowda is an Indian model. She rose to fame with her ‘Dubsmash’ and ‘Musical.ly’ videos, which went viral on social media.
Niveditha was born on Friday, 12 May 2000 (age 19 years; as in 2019) in Mysuru, Karnataka. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
She did her schooling from Mysuru’s Atomic Energy Central School and went to SBRR Mahajana First Grade College to pursue her graduation (BCA). She actively participated in co-curricular activities in her school and college days. Niveditha stepped into modelling at a young age. She started receiving modelling offers after her Dubsmash videos had gone viral on social media. She also participated in a few beauty pageants.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Niveditha Gowda belongs to a Hindu Family. Her father, Ramesh Lakshman, is a businessman and her mother, Hema Ramesh, is a homemaker. She has a brother, Rahul Ramesh.
She got engaged to rapper and singer, Chandan Shetty, on 21 October 2019 in Mysuru.
Niveditha Gowda started her career as a model. She has done print shoots for many brands. Nivedita has also appeared in many TV commercials.
In 2017, she participated in the ‘Bigg Boss Kannada’ Season 5 and was one of the finalists of the show.
Niveditha has also appeared in the game reality show “Kannadada Kotyadhipathi.”
She has walked the ramps for many fashion shows like Vidyuth and Zingbi Mysore Fashion Week.
- Beverage: Strawberry Milkshake
- Fruit: Strawberry
- Colours: Pink, Black
- Holiday Destination: London
- Her hobbies include dancing, listening to music, travelling, and doing horse riding.
- While inside the house of ‘Bigg Boss Kannada,’ Niveditha was teased by the host of the show ‘Sudeep Sanjeev,’ for not being able to speak Kannada properly and mixing English with the language. Several memes were also made by users who trolled Niveditha on social media.
- Her family and friends fondly call her Nivi.
- Niveditha met Chandan Shetty for the first time inside the house of Bigg Boss Kannada Season 5.
- In October 2019, Chandan, during the ‘Yuva Dasara’ concert, proposed to Niveditha by asking ‘Will You Marry Me?’ to which she replied ‘Yes and I Love You.’
- While most of the audience loved the proposal and cheered for the couple, some took the issue seriously and criticised the duo. When the Karnataka Minister, V. Somanna, who was also present on the occasion, was asked for his reaction, he said,
Misusing the public stage for a private affair is wrong. However, action would be initiated against the duo as per law. I have also asked SP C.B. Ryshyanth to issue a show-cause notice.”