Mery ‘Xisca’ Perello is the wife of the famous tennis star Rafael Nadal. She works as a Project Director in Nadal’s charity, The Rafa Nadal Foundation.
Xisca Perello was born on Thursday, 7 July 1988 (age 31 years; as in 2019) in Palma, Spain. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. Her real name is Mery, but she prefers to be called by her nickname “Xisca”. She did her schooling from a local school in Spain. She was in the same school as Rafael Nadal, but they were in different classes. She obtained her Business Administration Degree from London, UK.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Husband
Xisca is of Spanish ethnicity and she believes in Agnosticism. Her father’s name is Bernat Perelló and her mother’s name is María Pascual. She is in a long term relationship with ace tennis player Rafael Nadal. They started dating in 2005 after they met through a common friend. In May 2018, Nadal proposed to her, and they got engaged. On 19 October 2019, Xisca and Rafael Nadal got married to each other in Majorca, Spain.
After Xisca finished her college studies, she got a job at a sporting firm named “MAPFRE”. MAPFRE was also a sponsor for Rafael Nadal at the time. However, Xisca had to quit from her job soon as many of her colleagues started a rumour that she had got her job only because of Nadal. Xisca then moved back to Spain, and she started working in an insurance company. In 2008, Nadal started his charity foundation named, The Rafa Nadal Foundation. Xisca joined his foundation as a Projects Director, a post which she still holds on to.
- Xisca is a reserved person and she does not like media attention. She has always stayed away from the media. Once in an interview, when asked why did she stay away from the media, she responded-
It’s not a world I want to be part of, nor do I think Rafa would have chosen to be with a woman who looked for that in life.”
- She rarely attends Nadal’s matches. Although she had appeared in a few matches of Nadal in the tournaments like Wimbledon and French Open, she had never appeared in any such match of the Australian Open until 2017, when she appeared in a match of the Australian Open where Nadal had been participating for the last 10 years, in an interview, she said-
We mutually decided to give each other space. Nadal needs space while competing and I would get tired if I had to just hang around waiting on his needs. If I followed him everywhere, I think there’s a risk we might stop getting along”
- After she quit her job in London, news of her relationship with Nadal surfaced, and she had to face a lot of media attention. People would photograph her everywhere she goes. Whenever she used to accompany Nadal, the paparazzi would come and take pictures of them together and also request an interview with Xisca.
- Once, she was asked that why didn’t she quit her job and tour with Nadal, she responded-
It would asphyxiate me and then he would have to be worrying about me.”
- In July 2018, she was first spotted wearing her engagement ring. She was attending Nadal’s match at Wimbledon when she was seen wearing the ring, after their engagement in May 2018.