Bharat Jadhav is an Indian actor, producer and theatre artist who mainly works in Marathi films, television shows and plays. He is popular for playing comedy roles in Marathi cinema and theatre.
Bharat Jadhav was born on Wednesday, 12 December 1973 (age 50 years; as of 2023) in Kolhapur, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He pursued his graduation at M D College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai. His family is from Kolhapur, but they moved to Mumbai when Bharat was a kid. Bharat grew up playing in the Lalbaug Parel area, behind Rajaram Studios. In 1985, Jadhav began his theatre journey under the guidance of folk artist Shahir Sable by becoming a part of the Maharashtrachi Lokdhara dance group. He has acted in more than 85 movies, 8 daily soaps, and more than 8500 plays.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Bharat’s father’s name is Ganpat Jadhav, who was a taxi driver. His mother’s name is Shanta Jadhav.
Wife & Children
Bharat got married to Sarita Jadhav in 1998.
Together, they have two children, a son, Aarambh Jadhav, and a daughter, Surabhi Bharat Jadhav.
Bharat follows Hinduism.
With the guidance of folk artist Shahir Sable, Jadhav began his theatre journey in 1985 by becoming a part of the Maharashtrachi Lokdhara dance group. He has been pato of over 85 movies, 8 TV shows, and more than 8500 plays. He has acted in the plays Maharashtrachi Lokdhara, Aamchya Sarkhe Aamhich, All The Best, Sahi Re Sahi, Shreemant Damodar Pant, Adhantar, Saujanyachi Aishi Taishi, Punha Sahi re Sahi, and Tu Tu Me Me.
Bharat made his acting debut with the film Vaastav: The Reality (1999) as Raghu’s friend.
In 2006, he acted in the Telugu film Khatarnak as a banker.
He has featured in Hindi films including Nidaan (2000), Hathyar: Face to Face with Reality (2002), and Pran Jaaye Par Shaan Na Jaaye (2003) as Mahendra Rathod.
He appeared in the Marathi films Namdaar Mukhyamantri Ganpya Gawde (2006) as Ganpat Gawde, Me Shivajiraje Bhosale Boltoy (2009) as Shahir, Kalshekhar Aahet Ka? (2011) as Pitambar Lele, Aga Bai Arechyaa 2 (2015) as Narendra Keshav Chakve, and Dhondi Champya – Ek Prem Katha (2022) as Umaji.
Bharat made his debut on television with the show Prapanch (1999) on ZEE Marathi.
He appeared in the television shows Sunil Rawat Saheb Bibi Ani Mee (2003) as Mohan Ajgaonkar and Misha (2004) as Junior Alien 2.
In 2023, he played the role of Sunil Rawat in the web series titled Scam 2003 – The Telgi Story.
- 2015: Sarvashreshth Abhineta Award at Saangalee Mahotsav
- 2015: Star Pravah Award
- 2015: Zee Maha Gaurav Puraskar
- 2015: Zee Talkies Comedy Awards
- 2018: Mata Sanman Award for Best Actor
- 2021: Popular Comedy Personality at Colours Marathi Awards
- 2021: Made in India Icon 2 Award at Namo Cine/TV Nirmatta Association Awards
- Mercedes S class
- Skoda Rapid
- In 1999, he produced the Marathi film Bayko Aali Badloon.
- In an interview, Bharat mentioned that despite being part of many movies and TV shows, he loves theatre the most. He also mentioned that in 2012, he was offered the role of Mahadev in the film OMG: Oh My God!, but he turned it down because he had a play to perform in.
- In an interview, he shared that theatre had taught him to stay humble. He also mentioned that despite his success, he offers tea to anyone visiting his production house. Sometimes, if the technicians are absent, he helps with backstage tasks.
- In 2013, Bharat started his own production house called Bharat Jadhav Entertainment Pvt Ltd. Many famous personalities like Raj Thackeray, Nikhil Wagle, Sachin Pilgaonkar, Mahesh Manjrekar, Siddarth Jadhav, Makarand Anaspure, Jaywant Wadkar, Prachi Cheulkar, Kiran Shantaram, and Anjan Shrivastav, attended the opening event.
- In 2023, during an interview, Bharat shared a story from 2002. He was acting in the play Sahi Re Sahi, and after the play, a fan gave him money. When Bharat asked why the fan gave him money, he explained that he bought two tickets for the play but came alone. He didn’t like having an empty seat next to him while watching Bharat’s performance because there was no one to watch Bharat’s hard work.
- Bharat, in an interview, said that his relationship with the late Marathi veteran actor Vijay Chavan was like a father guiding his son by holding his finger as he learns to walk.
- During an interview, Bharat mentioned that he and his wife Sarita planted 200-250 mango and 100-125 coconut trees on their property in Kolhapur during the lockdown.
- Bharat shares a good relationship with filmmaker Kedar Shinde.
- In 2023, Bharat and his family moved from Mumbai to his hometown Kolhapur after spending many years in Mumbai.