Vijay Chavan was an Indian film and stage actor who worked in Marathi Cinema and Bollywood.
Vijay Chavan was born on Monday, 2 May 1955 (aged 63 years; at the time of death) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign was Taurus. He graduated from D. G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai.
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Not much is known about his parents or siblings.
Vijay Chavan got married to Majerna Cuaj on 22 May.
The couple has a son named Varad Chavan who is an actor.
Vijay Chavan entered the world of theatre through inter-college drama competitions. He made his theatre debut with the Marathi play “Turtur.”
Vijay is best known for portraying the role of a woman named ‘Mavshi’ in the Marathi stage drama “Moruchi Mavshi,” a play which was written by Pralhad Keshav Atre.
He made his Marathi film debut with “Vahinichi Maya” (1985).
He has appeared in many Marathi movies including Zapatlela (1993), Pachhadlela (2004), Bharat Aala Parat (2007), Maherchi Sadi (1991), Jatra: Hyalagaad Re Tyalagaad (2006), Mumbaicha Dabewala (2007), and A Dot Com Mom (2016).
Vijay Chavan, at the age of 63, died due to prolonged lung illness on Friday, 24 August 2018 at Fortis Hospital in Mulund, Mumbai.
- Vijay Chavan liked singing and travelling.
- He was born in Mumbai and brought up in Currey Road, Mumbai.
- He was well acquainted with the actor, Laxmikant Berde, which helped him make his stage debut with “Turtur.”
- In 2018, Chavan was honoured with Chitrapati V Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award by the Maharashtra Government.
- Vijay has acted in more than 300 Marathi and Hindi films in his career spanning over 31 years.