Nikki Galrani is an Indian model-turned-actress who works in the South Indian film industry. Nikki is often referred to as the ‘Darling Devil’ and ‘Bhagya Nayaki’ (Lucky Girl) in the South Indian film industry. Deccan Chronicle The Hindu
Nikki Galrani was born as ‘Nikita Galrani’ on Sunday, 3 January 1993 (age 27 years; as in 2020) in Bangalore. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
She completed her schooling from Bishop Cotton Girls’ School, Bangalore. She chose the science stream in PUC because her parents wanted her to become a doctor. However, she was interested in clothing and wanted to do fashion designing. Eventually, her parents agreed and let her pursue a course in Fashion Designing.
Height: 5′ 5″ The Hindu
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Nikki Galrani was born in a Sindhi Family. Times of India Her father’s name is Manohar Galrani (Doctor), and her mother’s name is Anitha Reshma Galrani.
She has an elder sister named Sanjjanaa Galrani who is also an actress.
In an interview, Nikki confessed that she had a boyfriend. Sakshi
After completing fashion designing, she started her career as a model and appeared in many television and print advertisements. She made her acting debut with the Malayalam film “1983” (2014) directed by Abrid Shine. She played the role of ‘Manjula Sasidharan,’ the second lead character in the film.
She has acted in many commercially hit Malayalam movies such as Vellimoonga (2014; her first film as a lead), Ivan Maryadaraman (2015), Oru Second Class Yathra (2015), Rudra Simhasanam (2015), Shajahanum Pareekuttiyum (2016), Team 5 (2017), and Dhamaka (2020). She made her Kannada debut with the film “Ajith” (2014) in which, she portrayed the role of ‘Charulatha.’
Nikki later appeared in two more Kannada films titled Jamboo Savari (2014) and Siddhartha (2015). Nikki was slated to make her Tamil debut with Yagavarayinum Naa Kaakka (2015). However, delay on the part of the release of the film made “Darling” (2015), her debut film in Tamil Cinema. She played the role of ‘Nisha’ in the film.
She has acted in many hit Tamil films such as Yagavarayinum Naa Kaakka (2015), Ko 2 (2016), Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru (2016), Motta Shiva Ketta Shiva (2016), Motta Shiva Ketta Shiva (2017), Kalakalappu 2 (2018), Charlie Chaplin 2 (2019), and Kee (2019). She made her Telugu debut with the film “Krishnashtami” (2016; as Pallavi) and went on to act in the Telugu films such as Malupu (2016), and Marakathamani (2017; a Telugu version of the Tamil film “Maragadha Naanayam”).
Awards and Achievements
- SIIMA Film Award for Best Debut (Female) for “1983” in 2014
- Filmfare Awards South for Best Debut (Female) for “1983” in 2014
- Asianet Film Award for Best New Face of the Year (Female) for “Vellimoonga” and “1983” in 2014
- Kerala Film Critics Association Awards for Upcoming actress for “1983” in 2014
- Edison Award for Best Debut Actress for “1983” in 2014
- Food: Vegetable Biryani, Chicken Biryani, Mutton Biryani, Fish Curry and Boiled Rice
- Cuisine: Thai, Chinese
- Beverage: Coffee
- Fruit: Mango
- Musician(s): A. R. Rahman, Bryan Adams, Enrique Iglesias
- TV Show: Mr Bean Series
- Cartoon Character: Minion
- Author: Osho
- Travel Destinations: Maldives, Bali, Iceland, Paris
Nikki takes around Rs. 10 to 18 Lakhs for a movie. Malayalam E-Magazine
- She likes swimming, eating in new restaurants, travelling, reading books, and watching movies.
- Nikki describes herself as a goofball (a stupid person), drama queen, and pampered brat. In an interview, she said that she tried to fuse a bomb in her Classroom. When asked, whether she was kidding, she replied,
I seriously tried to detonate a bomb in my classroom.”
- Her family members and close friends call her ‘drama queen’ and ‘Niks’ with love. Deccan Chronicle
- She is a dog lover and owns two dogs named King Kong and Champion.
- Although she made her debut with the Malayalam film “1983,” she agrees that she didn’t know the language. According to Nikki, by the time she made her debut, she only knew one word of Malayalam – Chetta.
- In 2015, she was listed in the Kochi Times Most Desirable Women’s List. Times of India
- In 2016, Nikki, along with Nayanthara and Ajith Kumar, entered the list of most searched Kollywood celebrities on Google. International Business Times
- Nikki has got a tattoo of the real name of her sister ‘Archana’ (Sanjjanaa Galrani) on her back.
References [ + ]